Diet Time. Oy!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
\
and dressing up as clifford burns calories (due to the fact you have to keep kids from pulling off you tail) yes....I dressed up as clifford......
Do you have pictures of that?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
I'm trying to lose some weight not much just around ten....just to set up a goal this summer.......I am not going to be too worried about what I eat for meals, I just don't want to snack very often.....and exercise.........I've become rather addicted to badmitton....
Sarah

and dressing up as clifford burns calories (due to the fact you have to keep kids from pulling off you tail) yes....I dressed up as clifford......
I've become addicted to badmitton too. Unfortunately, I've got no one to play it with. Here's how my games go:

*SERVE!*

..... Um, now's when you hit back.... Oh. You're gone. Right.

Anyway, I'm going to start work on a full-body puppet that I'll be able to wear to special events and stuff for next year. I've heard they help you loose ALOT! lol. Anyway, it also will help becuase I'll end up being around alot of little kids and trying to keep up with them... wow. I can hardly wait to start work on this thing. I can probably have it finished by the end of the year... hopefully.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Do you have pictures of that?
no...well....I don't...but they ran it in the paper....AHHHH and, yes, they DID put my name under it

Sarah

DirthNader

Reaction score
Hey Supe's. *hope you don't mind my calling you that. Reminds me of Super Man* I just saw this thread. I've been so busy elsewhere that it completely escaped my attention. I, too, weighed more than I would have liked. I was 16 and weighed in at about 255. It was tough being the biggest kid in school (and beleive me I was with only 270 kids in the whole high school). I became dangerously depressed and lacked any shred of confidence.

I ended up losing the pounds. My main motivation at the time was (remember I was 16) girls. I told my mother, one day, that I needed her to stop buying snack food and high sugared cereals. I asked her to buy more vegetables and to make smaller meals. A week later, I set my alarm clock for 5:30 in the morning. I live in Michigan and at the time we were in the dead of winter, but I forced my lazy behind out of bed and layered myself in clothing. I went outside and began joging. I stopped about every hundred yards or so, but I stuck to it and within two weeks I was running to my friends house and back. He lived about a half a mile away at the time.
Soon, I was going to the High school track and running two miles every morning before school. I went to the weight room, in spite of feeling a little out of place, and began a rutine that eventually got me lifting 270 on bench; curling 90; doing about 25 pullups at a time; generally speaking, I was feeling pretty good about myself. I ended up at 170.

It's been about 13 years now and I think that my motivation is different. I am married. I have a little daughter (the apple of my eye), and weigh a little over 200. I still eat well, but my routines have been replaced with family time, but I'll never forget the way I felt as a teenager. I had conquered a demon, and I felt pretty proud.

As for you, I'm pullin' for ya', man. You've got what it takes and I will continue to stop by this thread and give you the moral support you deserve.

Very sincerely,
Patrick

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow. GREAT story, man!

Well, congratualtions on being able to loose all that, and now, congratulations on your family.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I am unable to go walking/jogging, etc, but, I do have plans to start doing that as soon as I'm able to get up and run around. It sounds like a good idea!

My friend and I go to the gym occasionally (not recently, but we're gonna start up again). They had one machine, I don't know what it was called, but, you pulled down on the bar, and it pulled up the weights. I was able to get that thing up to 150 pounds without a problem. I tried 175, but, that was just too much.

Not to dissapoint or anything, but, about how long did it take?

Originally posted by DirthNader

I ended up losing the pounds. My main motivation at the time was (remember I was 16) girls.
... Good motivation. :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
you could hop on one foot...I had to do that once, because I tore up my toe, and I didn't have any crutches. Believe me, you FEEEL the burn...of course you might look funny if one leg gets skinnier than the other

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Trust me, Sarah. Even with crutches, that is basically what you're doing. And, yes, my one leg DOES look funny being skinnier than the other. Thank you for noticing!!!! :smirk:

:smile: :flirt: :smile: :flirt:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well when the cast comes off, that place is always skinny from lack of exercise....

Sarah

and little black hairs grow

DirthNader

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Not to dissapoint or anything, but, about how long did it take?

If you're asking me how long it took to lose my weight, it took about 3 1/2 months of strict dieting and excercise. Of course, it probably helped that I was 16 at the time.

Sorry to hear about your leg. I once dislocated my ankle while running, and that put me out of commision for some time. It still hurts if I work it too much.

Thank you for the congratulations. It's an amazing experience to have a daughter. I am very proud.

I think the particular excercise you were reffering to is called the lat pull-down. Great one for the back muscles.

Hope you feel better with that leg. I wish you well :big_grin: