Digital Print Offer from Muppet Artist

Teletape

Reaction score
Hi everyone.....over a year ago I happened on a website for an artist (Steve Hamann) who painted a great scene of an Ernie and Bert taping at the old Teletape Studios in New York. I fell in love with it and use it as the thumbnail next to my ID for Muppet Central (hope you can see it). I asked him if I could buy a print, but we lost track of each other until the other day. He's not looking to make money and has some reasonable prices (starting $7.99 11" x 14") for digital transfers of the original, if anyone is interested.........you can contact him directly at stevehamann@comcast.net. I asked him for an overview of the painting, and this is what he said:

"Most of my paintings explore how my childhood obsessions influence my adult life. My work is liberally peppered with my two favorite '70s subjects: Star Wars and Jim Henson's Muppets. "Teletape" is a take off of a behind the
scenes photo from Christopher Finch and Justine Strasberg's great book, Jim
Henson The Works (pg. 70). The puppeteers are Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry
Nelson, and Fran Brill. The puppets are characterizations of myself (the
Ernie ish one), my brother (the Bert ish one), my best friend (the
monsterish one) and my wife. The backdrop was my apartment in Evanston at the time. I hope you enjoy it."

Take care.....RT

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm familiar with his art, and that's not a bad price. Here's a link to some of his work, including the "Teletape" pic mention by, eh, Teletape.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I like the picture of Zoot in his painting "The First Time I Heard Ska" :cool:

Teletape

Reaction score
Vic - Thanks for the link to his other art. Been trading e-mails with him for over a year and since then, he's has been able to get his original "Teletape" back and produce the digital prints professionally.

From Jersey, too....RT

Beauregard

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
I like the picture of Zoot in his painting "The First Time I Heard Ska" :cool:
Yeah, nice zoot there.