Dinosaurs fans where are you?

doctort13

Reaction score
I recently found a used VHS tape of this wonderful show for $3.00 at Half Price Books. Gosh, I miss this show. Whenever I mention it to "non-puppet" people, they always seem to say that they disliked it. I can't be the ONLY fan of this TV show.

Does anyone know if it will ever be released on DVD?

baby sinclair

Reaction score
i'm a fan of the show.When i ask people about this show they know exactly what i'm talking about.This show is in a class of its own if you think about it.I think disney will most likely release it somewhere in the near future it'd be a nice rediscovery for alot of lost fans out there.

christyb

Reaction score
I'm here. I loved that show as a kid and I watched every single one. Sadly that show doesn't have a huge fan base.

maxdrive

Reaction score
I am i fan of the show the baby is jsut the best. best epp was the terible two's exorsist parrody epp. the power of rice compels you, the power of rice compels you.

Fiery Princess

Reaction score
I also was a fan of Dinosaurs. I had the cassette called "Big Songs" that was released. It had the theme song, "I'm the Baby (Gotta Love Me)" and several other songs that were sung in the show. I also had the game...I believe I may be the only person that owned it but that's not the point. I remember it had a little cardboard refridgerator that held the little furry things they ate but that is about all I remember about it. **If anyone else owned this game please let me know b/c it would really make me feel better to know I wasn't alone!**

DMETxix

Reaction score
Present! :zany:

It's currently being aired here 5 days a week and I'm recording every single one. We're somewhere in the middle of season 3 at the moment.
The reason I like the show of because of its technical feats and Earl just cracks me up. Robbie is my favorite character from the family though.

One of the greatest moments, for me, was in episode 2x10 "How to Pick Up Girls".
It went down something like this:

--Start Scene--

<Earl and Baby are watching a sockpuppet show on TV while Fran is folding laundry in the background>

(the socks talk in various British accents)

Mom Sock: ..to which Lord Burlington replied: 'Madam, that is not my wife, that is the arch-bishop!'
Dad Sock: Sooo, that would explain his reluctance to dance with me, eh.
Mom Sock: That, and his dreadful taste in hats.
Both: Oh ho ho! Oh ho ho! Ohh dear.. Oh hohoho..

<cut to Earl>

Earl: Uh hahah ha! Hey! Hey, Frannie. You gotta see the puppet show, it's terrific.
Fran: Earl, that's for kids.
Earl: Yeah, you think that because they're puppets. So the show seems to have a children's aesthetic.

<looks directly into the camera>

Earl: Yet the dialog is unquestionably sharp, edge, witty, and dramatically skewed to adults.

<cut back to TV>

Mom Sock: Oh ho ho! Here comes our neighbour, Mr. Argyle.
Dad Sock: Ya.
Argyle Sock: Aahh, good day to you lassie and laddie! Where is that athletic son o' yours, eh?
Mom Sock: Well he's..

<enter: Son>

Son Sock: Hello mommy and daddy.
Mom Sock: ..he's here.
Son Sock: Look who I brought home for dinner!

<enter: 2 female socks covered with panties, earrings and lipstick>

Mom Sock: Oh! Don't you bring a pair of hoes into this house!

<Son + Panties react in shock; cut back to Earl>

Earl: Uhaa haha ha! I'm telling you Fran, this show works on two levels!

<Earl points to the TV, Fran watches>

Fran: They look like puppets. I'm not watching.

--End Scene--

HerrieM

Reaction score
DMETxix said:
Present! :zany:

It's currently being aired here 5 days a week and I'm recording every single one. We're somewhere in the middle of season 3 at the moment.
The reason I like the show of because of its technical feats and Earl just cracks me up.
I do the same, were blessed with the belguim television
:wink:

Nice to know there are more people that like this show.

Stulz

Reaction score
I Still Love That Show...

What i great show,

I just found a old tape of it the other night it was as great as ever. Disney needs to release this on DVD pronto!

alorindanya

Reaction score
My entire Household (4 people all over the age of 21) LOVED Dinosaurs. We were lucky enough to record about 21 episodes onto VHS...and our tapes are getting old. I can't wait until these are put out on DVD. They don't make good shows like it anymore.

amiki chan

Reaction score
I haven't seen that show in years!! If they ever released it on DVD I would definitely buy it.

Baby: Not the Mama!! :wink: