Dinosaurs: The TV Series

muppet baby

Reaction score
Oh my gosh i love this show so much i never wanted to miss it when it aired oregnally it made my week ! I was so glad to hear that it had come on DVD some years back .

i bought the first two seasons box set a couple of weeks ago and i love it very much , and i am watching it right now . The series DVDs are great .

What does everone else here think of this wonderful series, i did not realize or if i knew it as a kid and forgot, that Jim Henson had inspired this wonderful series and he was trying to put it together when he died.

The baby cinlare and the grandma i think are the best parts of this series .
I am so glad that i never missed an eposiode durning the oregnally , one thing that went though my head at the time when the first eposide aired and the speical messge to Jim Henson and his family, and then once the eposide finished i said to my self that with out the messege i could have seen that his crative genus was responsible for this wonderful .
"When i read that messenge tears began to flill my eyes and i really missed jim i mean they made the muppets there family and then added everyone who loved the muppets a part of that family"

i am watching at this moment the dinosaurs eposides called the mating dance that is one of my faverite eposides . It makes me laugh no matter what is going on in my life . i can not wait to get seasons 3 and 4 .

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed it, though it kind of struck me as the anti-Fraggle Rock in terms of tone (made even more evident by series end). I think everyone was getting some cynicism out of their systems. :big_grin: Therapy, you know....

Seeing Charlene and Fran go from blue to green was kinda weird, but they do look better green.

There were times where I enjoyed DinoTV more than the actual episode. :big_grin:

I wish they'd post internet versions of those shows... "We need another Timmy" would go great for youtube.

I liked any episode with Spike in it. (sighs)

The endless gender jokes was a great running gag.

Out of the shows you have, my favorites include "I Never Ate for My Father" (loved seeing Gunge), "When Food Goes Bad" (amazing that if all the food was bad, no one gets sick from eating them), "Unmarried ... with Children" (best sorta divorce EVER), "Refrigerator Day" (love holiday parodies), and "The Last Temptation of Ethyl" (love afterlife parodies).

I also thought the Sir David Tushingham clip shows were inspired. I like writing him in my fics.

Shameless plug: I got a Dinosaurs fic floating around somewhere around here ... but it takes place after season 4, so you may want to skip it until then.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I cant believe you havent seen it! Its really good, just like rent a season on dvd or something, :smirk:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Its kind of like the simpsons, yet not quite. they have the first episode on Youtube, here's a link to the page where all three parts are.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And the pilot only really gives you a taste of how awesome it gets later.