Discussing Muppeteer's Personal Lives

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Did you fall into the same trap I did?

I read books and make myself one of the characters for the fun of it (it was bad reading The Diary of Anne Frank). So, I associated myself with Tip because I love Jack Pumpkinhead and, got to the end of the book, and BAM! "Well, I'll be!" I was surprised for sure.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Would including Muppeteers in my Weekly Craetive Muppet Visuals in a humoros manner (not mean or even poking fun directly at) be appropriate? Without giving anything away; almost a spoof on Mrs. P's post about SWAEHB.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't think so. Reason is that if they were more in the spotlight you could bet they'd show up in editorial cartoons anyhow. Muppets already DO show up in editorial cartoons, so I can't see where that would be a bad thing.

However, I wouldn't have them being killed or anything unethical like that.

Holy smokes! I just felt like Sam Eagle! LOL!!

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Did you fall into the same trap I did?

I read books and make myself one of the characters for the fun of it (it was bad reading The Diary of Anne Frank). So, I associated myself with Tip because I love Jack Pumpkinhead and, got to the end of the book, and BAM! "Well, I'll be!" I was surprised for sure.

Yes, I do that too. I've had more than one character die on me, it's really depressing when things don't go the way you want them to, also.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Book spoiler below:

At any rate, at least I became a character of some substance: Princess of Oz! (Though, I'm not used to wearing a dress unless it's Saturday Night!)

That's a joke about me and the dress thing...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
does this also mean we cant talk about the muppets personal life as well i mean there have been some preety mean things said about some muppets in the past. Like the Bert and Ernie thing all TV shows like Simpsons and Famliey guy make fun of. or anything like that. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Like the Bert and Ernie thing
That rumor should be outlawed on Muppet Central. It was started by some DJs in California as a joke and swept across America via tabloids, and I have a letter from (then) Children's Television Workshop which stated that it was rumor, and they are simply two friends who represent that no matter what your differences are, you can still be friends!

So, I would say that negative discussions about the characters integrity should be left alone.

However, the continuing debates over Kermit and Piggy's love affair(s) is fair game--it's part of their history. Basically because it's all been rumored for years (mainly by Miss Piggy), although the Jim Henson Company sided with Kermit that they are not, never have been, and do not plan to be married. (Though, and it's just me, I think they have had their on-again-off-again relationships).

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
However, the continuing debates over Kermit and Piggy's love affair(s) is fair game--it's part of their history. Basically because it's all been rumored for years (mainly by Miss Piggy), although the Jim Henson Company sided with Kermit that they are not, never have been, and do not plan to be married. (Though, and it's just me, I think they have had their on-again-off-again relationships).
So basically the Henson Company have been advocating for years that Miss Piggy and Kermit The Frog have been living in sin together in the Muppet Theatre and they are fine with it! Also they've encouraged this on again, off again affair to sell movies, tv shows, merchandise etc ..... AND (yes, i'm not finished) they sided with Kermit the Frog in his claims against Piggy, probably because Kermit plushies sell and you can't sell anything Piggy nowadays in the shops even marked down - they wouldn't have wanted to upset their biggest money earner and ex-company figurehead would they?

Sure, Sure, JHC were fine with all this scandal going on under their own roof but what if it was Betty Boop saying she was having an illicit affair with Kermie - i bet the Henson Company lawyers would have been all over her like a bad rash. :embarrassed:

(Pssst, see how easy it is to undo all that publicity work they've done to make out they're a "family friendly" company, all it took was for someone to connect the dots!) :eek: :halo: