Disgusting Muppet illustration - Make your thoughts known

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! I certainly agree with that.

It's funny that we tend to disbelieve the prejudice that was decades before us when such blatant ignorance is still right under our noses. Maybe the next generation will grow up with less hatred - I certainly hope so. But some people will always find something to hate others for no matter how silly.

beaker

Reaction score
IS the cartoon in question the one I saw on the site?(badly done cgi looking stuff?) It doesnt even look at all like anything we know! Also, this is supposed to be a Woman's site? Forgive the pun, but I think this is actually a puppet front for a man related
agenda from the looks of the articles.

I agree with DW's comments. Hmmm. Well, I just knew that news would cause an uproar sadly(the original news from a couple weeks ago from south africa)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
this is supposed to be a Woman's site? Forgive the pun, but I think this is actually a puppet front for a man related
agenda from the looks of the articles.
These sorts of political groups are usually run by men. There are tons of organizations like this out there, but when you really get into it, they are all very closely related with (generally speaking) the same group of men running all of them. Or at least involved in all of them.

Same is true for the other side. With so much political apathy in the US, it isn't real surprising that it is a small number of politically charged folk, on both sides of the spectrum, who are doing most of the active work. In fact, as vicious as the debate can be, the main players in the two sides of the abortion debate all know each other by name. (Note: I am NOT trying to open up that can of worms here, I am simply using it as an example of how small the American political playing field is because I happen to have inside knowledge on it.)

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Anika,

LOL - we've actually had the abortion debate on the old forum, in the much talked about, 'Muppets and Christianity' on the old forum. I'm not sure if you were around here at that time but you should go take a look, it was very similar to how this thread has gone actually !

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Well, I just knew that news would cause an uproar sadly(the original news from a couple weeks ago from south africa)
Well it was supposed to cause uproar - one of their aims would be to raise public awareness, it'd be silly for them not to have forseen people worry about if this Muppet will come to the states.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
they need to there freaks they should rot i think it is appauling that osme freakos would draw something that long and its a kids show.If i worked for sesame workshop or henson productions i would be somad at them what they have dont is not only a disgrace to our country but a discrace to me and muppet fans all over!

OMG, I laughed for about 30 mins. when I came across my post. I feel like I have changed so much. You can actually understand my posts now...er...can't you?

That Announcer

Reaction score
UncleDeadly said:
I like how the other day on some show on FoxNews Network (with an uber right wing host, cant remember his name), he was reading letters, as he always does (I only ever catch this portion of his show). As he read letters concerning what must have been his recent reporting of the HIV+ character, they showed a Muppets Tonight era picture of Muppets in the corner.

To show how 'fair' he was, he showed letters both supporting him and slamming him. Of course he slammed right back. "Kids that age (2-5) don't understand things like age! We shouldn't force the worlds problems on them. Let them be kids!"
Sounds to me like ol' Bill O'Reilly. What a weirdo.

Let me express my views on most of the stuff mentioned here in a short essay. I personally am a libertarian, the only one in my school. I have read many political books, and have watched many political talk shows. I often find the conservative arguments weak and understated, oddly like Al Franken's "eleven things Sean Hannity knows" bit in "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them" in that too many just restate the same things over and over again. I've seen many conservatives lie and alter facts to match their agenda. Most of the time, what I have seen is basically bad losers yelling at people to know they'll win the argument. I've not often seen a conservative go way over the line. I've seen Bush do this a few times; I've seen Sean Hannity go nuts, and Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly have gone mental a few times there. But never before have I seen a conservative bigoted argument stretched to such disgusting lengths as with this cartoon.

Let me express my distaste for this cartoon. I find it to be not a satire at all (like what Bill O'Reilly and often Al Franken do), but rather a hardnosed jab at the Henson Company for putting out a Muppet that doesn't fit the WASP bill. So rather than writing a letter expressing their feelings on this new Muppet to the Henson Co., they put out an extremely offensive, distasteful cartoon that numbs the brain. This is the worst possible way that they could have done this.

I am awestruck at the notion that people would accept this. I don't know what the women were smoking when they decided to put this cartoon out, but it must have been pretty powerful. What I find to be worst about this cartoon is that it implies that if you have HIV, you are a sickie. I know a guy who has the AIDS virus. Freddie Mercury, one of the greatest singers of all time, died of it. There is no reason to be so unattentive to the millions of people who do have AIDS, and the millions of others who know and loved someone who died of it. There is no reason to do that.

I do support free speech. I've said numerous times that I curse quite a bit, and am not one to attempt to stifle free speech. But the least that this group could do is to become a little more respectful and learn to accept diversity. Many, many conservatives that I know have indeed learned to tone down their ways. My uncle Ron, for example, is a conservative who would never do something like that in a million years.

I cannot give any support to this group. I just can't muster up any. Sorry folks, but that's just sad that some people still exist that are practically bigots. :sympathy:

*cough* So, I was watching Fraggle Rock last night...