Disney Dreams Muppet Plush

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw these last week when I was in Orlando, but not at the parks. While WDW did have a few new things since I was there in Jan. I found these plush (sans Gonzo) at a discount toy store in the mall that had obviously once been a KB Toy. So you may want o check your local mall/ discount over stock retailer.

I'm hoping this is because Disney didn't like the way they turned out and has higher quality merchandise planned to tie in with the new movie. The fact that copyright on these is dated 2009, yet we're just staring to see them now, would seem to back this theory.
Something about it doesn't set well with me either. Seems like these were supposed to come out but either Disney or the retailers backed out, and they're just trying to dump as much of the inventory as possible. Reminds me when I had to order future sets of a certain toy line from Canada, where they were dumping them off at Wal*Mart for a buck each. I got most of them (curse me for not getting sets 5 and 6 because I thought someone else was going to sell them to me).

That said, the only one that really looks bad is Fozzie, and that's due to the just too low nose placement. Upon further inspection (based only on these photos) The Animal one looks pretty good, and even has the orange fur right over his black furry eyebrows. That's like that white spot above Big Bird's eyes... the merchandise makers ALWAYS forget about it. The Animal and Gonzo are quite good. Hopefully we'll get something much better movie time, but in the mean time, i wish I could find these somewhere...

beaker

Reaction score
Only place I've seen these is in the discount toy section of Marshalls clothing store. That Gonzo definitely looks nice, and this appears to be some of the only non Disneystore merch to come out in some time

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only place I've seen these is in the discount toy section of Marshalls clothing store.
How come all I ever find there are discounted G.I. Joe movie figures they keep taking off discount? I think they only distributed these plush regionally.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I've seen/and have the smaller plush beanies of Kermit, Animal and Gonzo. In Canada, these where available at Zellers (not sure if they still are), and imported by a company by the name of Danawares Corp. (www.danawares.com). However, I haven't seen the bigger versions (or Fozzie or Miss Piggy at all).