1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney in talks to acquire Hasbro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

At least it's not Sony. If they owned our souls, we wouldn't be able to use them.

I dunno about how Hit was treating Barney. I've heard terrible things about how they treat a lot of things. I'm glad they don't have that partnership with Henson, though. I think the damage is done with Thomas the Tank Engine. CGI models, crappy voice acting. Though there was that funny bit where the Fat Controller lost his hat. And we are getting more accessible merchandise. The Shining Time Station days only had expensive wooden trains.

Above all, I'm kinda more worried about Dreamworks's ownership of Classic Media. I'm afraid they'll only bother with the big ticket stuff, and if Peabody and Sherman bombs, it'll be a repeat of Universal and Rocky and Bullwinkle.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

3. Drtooth

That's a relief. From a monopoly standard, of course. Disney just happens to own two of the major companies that Hasbro has the license to, and nothing more. Seems Disney toys are made by various companies, the way it should be.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

When it comes to Disney nothing surprises me anymore. :p
    Muppet fan 123 and Drtooth like this.
  5. Drtooth

Truer words were never spoken.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

You mean that hasn't happened already? :p
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

NO.

NO. NO. NO. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS. :mad:

DISNEY, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRANSFORMERS WITH A 10-FOOT POLE. DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?!!?!?!?! :grr:

Thank you.

Edit: That was just a rumour? Thank goodness! :)
  8. heralde

Yeah looks like it. Though I still say I'd prefer Disney over Bay hehe. ;)
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  9. Drtooth

He's only got one more film anyway, before someone else gets their hands on it. Plus, I doubt Disney would be much of an improvement... I'm looking at you Inspector Gadget and Underdog.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Who's the leader of the club...ehh nevermind.
  11. heralde

And that someone else couldn't possibly do a worse job than Bay. And I'm not just talking about Transformers, I hated Armageddon and Pearl Harbor too. That man is all style and no substance and it's painful. He's part of the reason Hollywood is dying and good riddance! Lol

Point taken, lol. It's just these ridiculous remakes in general. People go to them because they have hope but time and again hope is dashed by misplaced hype.
  12. robodog

robodog Active Member

I actually like the Transformers movies. I know they're full of plotholes and stupid moments, but God help me, I still enjoy them for some reason. Of course I'd prefer they be better than they are but since that didn't happen I enjoy what we got and hope something better comes along eventually. The original animated Transformer film is still the best Transformers movie though.
  13. heralde

But why should something better come along when the Bay movies have made money? When we give them money, we're saying we don't mind settling.

That's why these low quality remakes keep getting made. Audiences keep hoping "well this one has to be better." But it rarely is. It's hype.

It's like reality shows. Why should Television stop making them when they're making money? Never mind they're low quality!
  14. robodog

robodog Active Member

The Bay movies haven't recieved much money from me. I didn't see any of them at the theatre nor do I own any of the DVDs. I generally just watch them when they come on TV. Actually that's pretty much how I see anything since I'm only one small step above a shut in at this point. I just don't have money to spend on movies or DVDs. I have to kind of pick and choose what I spend what little free cash I have on. Movies and DVDs rarely make the cut even if it's something I'm dying to see.
    But I think we may have reached a catch 22 situation with these things at this point. If they make money than the studios will see no reason to make improvements on the sequels. If they flop the studios will figure people are sick of Transformers films and not make any more. Heaven forbid they try to make a better product just for the sake of art.
  15. heralde

It is amazing how tone deaf Hollywood can be sometimes. After so many decades you'd think they'd understand audiences a little better, lol. I think a lot of the problem is business people making the artistic decisions.
  16. Drtooth

There's so many of them that are in name only and don't do the research. Even if a film isn't that great, I'll give it credit for doing research. Inspector Gadget failed on that level. Metro City was replaced with Riverton, no exploding messages, the real world Brain and Mad Cat (a White cat, mind you)... they couldn't even get his catch phrase right. Even the sequel attempted to reference the cartoon with some Mad Agents from the show having cameos and Dr. Claw hiding himself and speaking in a gravely voice. So, I actually like the second better just for that.

Now, as bad as the Bayformers movies are, they did do something that these remakes should. They cast Peter Cullen as Optimus and threw in (at least the first film) references to the Transformers cartoons and movie. It doesn't make the writing and accidental pro-military message any better... but there was a level of care taken to detail. I think Bay's a bad director in every sense of the word, but at least there was room for saying he actually does dig the source material. Especially when it comes to movies that just don't care. This is basically Bay playing with his toys, just having bad stories acted out.

Still, I want him to stay away from TMNT... but I also want Tim Hill and M. Night Shabbadoo to stay away as well.
  17. heralde

Kudos for bringing back Peter Cullen, but I disagree that he did his homework. There were too many out of character moments.
  18. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Disney ruins a lot of things it buys.
  19. Pinkflower7783

I don't quite agree with that but...
  20. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

NO! NO!

I will shut up when you buy Marvel. I will be ok with you buying Lucas Films.

BUT, Disney, If you so much as LOOK at My Ponies....

*Starts ranting about the issue*
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.