1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 5 - How Kermit Got His Groove / One Small Problem

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 5 - How Kermit Got His Groove / One Small Problem
    Disney Channel Premiere: Friday April 13, 2018

When Rizzo the Rat arrives and makes a mess in the playroom, the only way the Muppet Babies can get him to stop is to defeat him in a dance-off; and Summer is tired of being the smallest Muppet Baby and enlists Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker to help with their Enlarge-O-Ray invention.

If you've seen "How Kermit Got His Groove / One Small Problem", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  2. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

This has to be the First time we ever seen :shifty: Post Steve Whitmire. Also nice appearance from :confused: and:eek: as they look a bit more simplified from their original animated counterparts in the original show.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, I guess they're not going to have anymore afternoon repeats, I guess that was just for the newness of the show, so. . . . Whatever.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Interesting how did Rizzo sound? His voice is very close to Steve's so I wonder how they did him.

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The first episode was cool. I liked how they handled Rizzo being a rat who loves to dance. The second one was good. Seeing Bunsen and Beaker was a highlight. Summer actually is very cute. It was nice to see a story revolve around her.

6. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

They showed a brief clip of the episode with Rizzo and you be judge of it:

Blue Frackle likes this.
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thanks! No further comments....

8. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything yet, but my jaw instantly hit the floor when I read OP.

9. Blue Frackle

Honestly - both episodes featuring Muppet cameos? I can't ask for more. It's kind of weird they portrayed Rizzo to be an A-hole though.

This is what this show needs: more Muppet chaos! There are a million Muppets and they aren't being used why? I like Summer - she's cute, but it's like why are you even here? And things just get bland with the five basic characters.

That's what made The Muppet Show so special -- all these characters causing chaos and stuff backstage; this show should've retained the core 8 from the original run, with lots of cameos and regulars. Jim and Frank said it a million times -- the strength is in the group.

I still like the show though; it's like "You think the Muppets are for kids? Well here, have a tasteful Muppets kid's show".

Froggy Fool likes this.
  10. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

It really was cool to see Bunsen & Beaker appear, as well as Rizzo in his first-ever baby form living in the nursery a la Jerry Mouse. Nice to see Summer get a focus this time, too.

Also, I can't help but get a little creeped out by those dust bunnies Summer encountered. Anyone else feel the same way?

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

12. Blue Frackle

Froggy Fool likes this.