Disney Muppet Movie DVD menus!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

With only 11 days until release date, Ultimate Disney.com has updated the Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition DVDs press release with a baker's dozen worth of menus from the remastered re-releases of Disney's The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure Island. Link: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10789

MWoO

Reaction score
Looks like they just reused the MTI menus and the MCC ones too. They seemed pretty good on the MTI dvd though so I guess changing it wouldn't make much sense.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a few things that are interesting...

In this article, it mentions "all-new bonus features", which i think makes it sound like ll of the DVDs have all-new bonus features, but the only new features are the pepe profiles, which are really just one new bonus feature per disc.

I noticed that in the menu for widescreen or full frame in The Muppet Christmas Carol, and I think in the bonus features, it says that Brian hensons commentary is only included in the full-frame version. There was another thread somewhere that said that the song "When Love is Gone" only exists in full frame form, so I guess his commentary is only included in the full frame version (which also states that it is extended) because of this. I guess not being able to listen to commentary in the wide screen version might be worth getting as much of the movie as possible without having to edit commentary in the wide screen version.

I have read somewhere that Disney wanted to include a lot of features, including behind-the-scenes documentaries, but due to the DVDs having both widescreen and full frame options there wasn't much space for very many good features, and Disney didn't think that these would sell well enough to be released as a two-disc set. Of course, if there wasn't much room for more features (and I don't know how long pepe's Profiles are), then i wonder...

•would there have been room for audio commentaries on all of the movies (MCC is having commentary)?
•would there have been room for the original theatrical trailers (I don't think the trailers for the first three movies have been seen since the original theatrical releases).
•would there have been room for deleted scenes and outtakes?
•would there have been room for Muppet Morsels?
•would there have been room for the muppet movie screen test (I don't know how long that is)?
•would there have been room for photo galleries?

zns

Reaction score
:excited: So tempting. So very, very, very, very tempting

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
"re-releases of ,Disney's The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure

seeing that before the muppet name will never ever sit well with me,