Disney/Muppets Fan-Fics

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Muppets/Disney Fan-Fics

Hey, MC, I need some opinions on this...

I've got ideas for some fanfics that cross the Muppets over with Disney's classic live-action and animated movies (not any of the new stuff). For example, I have an idea for a story that has Kermit experiencing the events of The Little Mermaid tale firsthand, in his famous "Sesame Street News Reporter" role.

I wanted to get everyone's feedback on this, because I realize how much tension there has been since the Muppets were sold to Disney in early 2004, and I didn't want to write anything that no one would like or read. I'll understand if no one wants any Muppet/Disney crossovers, because I've got plenty more ideas for some fanfics that I'd like to share. But if you think it's an excellent idea, I'll get started on the first story as soon as I can. :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Personally, I think that if you did it well, (as I've seen you can,) it definately has potential to be really great! I, for one, would read it.
As for tension... well, uh... Don't really know what to tell you there, except that um... yeah, I really don't know what to tell you.

That Announcer

Reaction score
No, I think a Henson/Disney crossover would be a genius idea. If you've ever read the "Recast Films" thread, I think we've done some Disney stuff over there. The reason I'm mentioning this is that you could possibly entirely recast a Disney film ("Aladdin" is prime, as its characters are slapstick and thus loan themselves naturally to a Muppet recasting) and do a basic re-write (with judicious cuts) with Muppets in the lead roles.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Never mind. I found where it is. :smile: And I must say, I'm getting some ideas of my own, just reading everyone else's.

muppet maniac said:
Back to the Future:
Marty McFly-Robin the Frog
Doc Emmet Brown-Dr.Phil Van Neuter
Einstein-Sprocket the Dog
Marty's Mom and Dad-Miss Piggy and Kermit
Jennifer-Annie Sue
Biff Tannen-Fleet Scribbler
There'd be a few things that I would change, but I'd like to try it sometime.

JaniceFerSure said:
Alien:
Ripley:stick_out_tongue:iggy
Dallas:Kermit
Parker:Gonzo
Brett:Rizzo
Lambert:Annie Sue
Kane:Fozzie
Ash: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
I would try this one, but I'm afraid my version will get me kicked off the boards (due to graphic depictions of lovable Muppet characters getting killed by a fierce alien creature). :concern:

Vic Romano said:
The Matrix I
Neo: Kermit
Morpheus: Fozzie
Trinity: Piggy
Cypher: Rizzo
Tank & Dozer: Bunsen & Beaker
Agent Smith: Gonzo
Other Agents: Sam the Eagle and Dr. Teeth
The Oracle: Waldorf

Reloaded
The Architect: Statler
The Twins: Andy & Randy
Merovingian: The Swedish Chef
Seraph: Rizzo
The Key Master: Pops
Ghost: Floyd Pepper
Nyobi: Janice
Link: Animal
Commander Lock: Link

Reveloutions
Mifune: Pepe
Kid: Scooter
Sati: (Goes through gender change) Robin
Sparks: Crazy Harry
Oh, and I think I would have fun with this one! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, these would be so cool!

As for the Disney crossovers, its Dinsey that we don't ezpecially like, I for one love all the disnyey films and wouldn't mind/would loooove to see a Kermit-reporter type cross over with these!

BEAR

Reaction score
Don't pay any attention to some of that hoohah. Atleast half of us here like Disney, so go for it!!

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Two words: Kingdom Hearts.

Don't know what that is? Go look it up.

I do eventually want to do a story where Sora, Goofy and Donald travel to the Muppet Theater and have to save it from Heartless. (Who have killed the guest coming that evening -unbeknownst to the Muppets- and Fozzie wants to use them for his stage act that night)

It'd work, but I'd love to do it as a fancomic someday...

I mean hey, if they can use Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates of the Carribean, why not Muppets?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, that would be really fun!! You should definately go for it. It's true, most people have qualms with the Disney company, but like some of the actual movies. ^_^ So yeah, do it!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Speaking of recating films with Muppets, I'd like to give a try doing a recast of a horror movie or two, to post in the forums, but I don't know if it would be a good idea, so I thought I'd bring it up for discussion before I started anything