Disney Rebanners Its TV Divisions as ABC Signature, 20th Television & Touchstone Television

Steve Arino

Reaction score

As I'm sure MANY of you have heard, earlier this afternoon, The Walt Disney Company announced its Re-Bannering of its Main Television Divisions, with ABC Studios (formerly Walt Disney Television) re-named ABC Signature, while 20th Century Fox Television is shortening its name to 20th Television, and in the biggest news of all, Fox 21 Television Studios is being re-named Touchstone Television.

As many of you know, in 2016, The Walt Disney Company effectively retired its Touchstone Pictures banner once Disney's distribution deal with DreamWorks Pictures expired and DreamWorks had Universal Pictures distribute its films.

In 1985, months after becoming Disney Chairman/CEO, Mike Eisner re-named Walt Disney Productions as Walt Disney Television, subsequently launching Buena Vista Television (now Disney-ABC Domestic Television) to syndicate Disney Programming Past and Present via reruns and first-run Syndication.

tbh I think it's wonderful that Disney is reviving its Touchstone banner for TV--with a new logo font, the same as the Fox 21 Television Studios font, as opposed to the original Times New Roman font with a Thunder and Lightning thingamajig or however you put it in words.

In 1986, Walt Disney Productions as a whole eventually was re-named The Walt Disney Company, as it's officially been known ever since.

I think Disney, instead of shortening 20th Century Fox Television to 20th Television, should have had 20th Century Fox TV become Touchstone Television instead of Fox 21 being re-bannered Touchstone Television, but then again, I don't work for Disney, wish I did though; otherwise, I'd have dropped the 20th Television banner altogether and had 20th TV re-named Touchstone Television.

What are your thoughts and opinions on Disney's re-bannering of its TV divisions? Please respond, and thanks in advance.