Disney without Eisner

Dash X

Reaction score
In all the Disney bashing over the last year, a question came to mind,

Would everyone have a problem with Disney's aquisition of The Muppets if CEO Michael Eisner is finally ousted, and Roy E Disney (who has been advocating a commitment to quality at the company) regains control?

Or everyone's the problem with JHC, no longer being it's own self contained creative company?

christyb

Reaction score
I really don't mind the selling. The only thing that irks me is it is as if Henson never owned them. I mean they are his creation and I feel Disney should acknowledge that. As far as Eisner and Disney. Well....I won't go into that can of worms.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
They've aknowledged Jims' Legacy lots I thought. In Disneys' press release about the aquisition a while back, Eisner talked alot about Jim, as well as that Chris Curtin guy who's the head of The Muppets Holding Co. I don't agree with a lot of stuff that Disney has produced these last several years, but I have to keep a positive attitude about them.

Oh yeah, have you seen this area of Muppets.com? http://muppets.go.com/main.html
It has a picture of Jim and Kermit on the wall, and when you click the picture, a quote from Jim comes up, "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a bit better for having been here."

Plus, The Jim Henson Company serves as consultants and project overseers on all things produced by Disney. Bear in the Big Blue House is even still Exectutive Produced by Brian Henson.

I'm confident that things are gonna turn out okay with Disney. No, it's not the same as it would be if Jim were still around, but we shouldn't expect it to be, he is gone. It's up to the rest of them to keep our Muppets alive, and I for one think they're doing a great job so far! :smile:

maxdrive

Reaction score
i think its abotu how they are takeing his name off of everything like bear int he big blue house when it first came out it out it had jim henson on it now it dont they could do dysney presents jim henson bear in the big blue house or what ever else they are going to do witht he muppets

they will lose money by jsut takeign his name off

i dont know if anyone else rembers this but when hardiees bought out roy rogers they changed every roy rogers into a hardees nd it lost them a lot of money from it because of that. because if somone liked roy rogers and now its a hardees they wont go to it because its not roy rogers any more even if the food is the same people can be loyal like that look how we allt alk about it

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
i think its abotu how they are takeing his name off of everything like bear int he big blue house when it first came out it out it had jim henson on it now it dont they could do dysney presents jim henson bear in the big blue house or what ever else they are going to do witht he muppets
But with Bear in the Big Blue House, the name was there as referance to the company (The Jim Henson Company) not a referance to the man Jim Henson. Jim was not involved with Bear; it was not Jim's show. It was the Jim Henson Company's show so they put their name on it, since the they don't own it their name should not be on it. It would be wrong if they were called "Disney's Muppets" instead of "Jim Henson's", although the Jim Henson's is no longer in the title of the brand, the legacy of Jim has not been erased or pushed aside in anyway by the Disney name or the company. Since the JHC no longer owns the Muppets the name Jim Henson had to be taken off the titles so not to imply they were Jim Henson products (the company no the man).

Mario

Reaction score
Dash X said:
...if CEO Michael Eisner is finally ousted, and Roy E Disney (who has been advocating a commitment to quality at the company) regains control?
I doubt that Roy would return, he lost any chance he had when he resigned. How stupid could he be, "I don't like how things are running... I know! I'll give up my power and make a website!!!" Great thinkin'! Judging on that decision, maybe we don't want him running the company, lol. :smile: (BTW, here's his website if you haven't been there yet, savedisney.com )

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Roy made a terrible mistake by letting someone else take the company over, but I think he should have his job back. Disney's "quality" has gone way down. It needs to be saved. Fast.

As for the muppets... I want another full length movie... but I don't think it would be possible. Any more Muppets are not racy enough for my generation and younger. My brother considers them unfunny and boring... he's 10.

When I was 10 I was in love with Kermit and the gang.

Dash X

Reaction score
Actually the website (SaveDisney) was the best thing he could have done. Its a great site, and has gained a huge amount of publicity and support, and his resignation from the board, allowed him to further his cause

Mario

Reaction score
anybody been to dtroops.com? or maybe its d-troops.com? anyways, they're like savedisney.