Disneylands 50th Birthday!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
During a dinner for Disneylands 47th birthday, Art Linkletter mentioned that he would love to host a special honoring the parks 50th birthday in 2005. When I read this, I immediately thought, "What a great idea!" After all, Mr. Linkletter did host the opening day special in 1955; What a better way to celebrate the biggest milestone in Disneylands history than to bring him back for the 50th? I would not only love it, but so would millions of other fans from around the country. Mixing in the 50th parade & a "Disneyland Through the Years" feature with historic clips of Walt & the Magic Kingdom with the usual teen music fare so common with these specials would not only lure younger viewers in, but help -- and hopefully -- introduce Walt Disney and his influential/magical/unique legacy to a whole new generation; to "today's" generation. And Yes, instead of having Aaron Carter or Drew Carey host, get Art Linkletter. He deserves to host; nay, he "needs" to host. 50 years comes only once in a lifetime, and this is especially poignant for Disneyland. Here is a park that has paved the way for other theme parks (Universal, Six Flags, Great America... ), and yet, because of Walt Disney's unique gift, remains the greatest & most cherished. Here is a park where one can visit New Orleans, the old west, the back country, the future, Mickey's hometown, the 1900's, and a world of childhood fantasy; all in one day. Here is "DISNEYLAND," Walt Disney's dream, his masterpiece, and the self-proclaimed "Happiest Place on Earth"! It deserves a grand celebration on July 17, 2005. Younger generations deserve to know the rich & proud legacy of this oh-so-magical place. They deserve to know about its important part in American history and how the kingdom has played host to so many celebrities and dignitaries over they years. They deserve to know. And We deserve to tell them.
And Art Linkletter deserves to host. And Everyone will be happy. I know Walt will.
So, please, do it for him. Do it for Lillian Disney, Marc Davis, Roy O Disney, Frank Wells and everyone else who gave on helluva ****; not only for Disneyland & Walt, but also for millions of strangers around the world: Strangers for whom they would often risk so much just to make happy.
I know that Art Linkletter made many of those strangers happy when he began his broadcast from Main Street on July 17, 1955.
Hopefully, 50 years later, he'll be able to repeat some Disneyland magic.
PLEASE JOIN THE OFFICIAL GROUP AT:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
disneylands_50th
<B>A LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION IS ON THE WEBSITE</B>

radionate

Reaction score
I thought Art Linkletter had passed away?!?!?!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I've never been to Disneyland. I wonder if it's too late for me to go?

I know several people at work, at home, a local DJ, etc. who take their ONLY family trips to Disneyland; up to four times a year. Which isn't a big sacrifice, since it's about twelve hours away, but....MAN, get out there and see the world!

We're planning on going sometime with the pups, but that's still quite a ways off.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I thought Art Linkletter had passed away?!?!?!
Nope, still alive and very well. Last July he had his ninetieth birthday, and in 2001 he looked great, and was his usual funny, charming self in the film Walt: The Man Behind the Myth.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I LOVE Disneyland was there this past Thanksgiving, and this would be a GREAT Idea especially since as you said he was there for the opening day