1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney's Bear

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by a_Mickey_Muppet, Sep 15, 2004.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey gang,

WOW i was workin today (yep at good ol wal mart :rolleyes: lol...) and on my lunch brake i was doin a lil shoppin and to my eyes i seen the Disney re-releases of the Bear DVDs and It DOESNT say "Jim Henson's Bear in the big blue house, it NOW says "Disney's Bear in the big blue house :concern: I remeber....didnt we have this topic before of Disney slapping there name on the Muppets?

what do u think? Oh by the way its under there "Disney DVD" banner now!
  2. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Very interesting.:smirk:
  3. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Yeah but Sesame Workshop also now calls the SS muppets the Sesame Workshop's Muppets, no mention of JH so I guess its a petty little game of "mine now!"
  4. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

That's certainly likely. :D
  5. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

If they start saying Disney's Muppets, Jim Henson would be turning over in his grave.

If I saw Disney's Muppets, I would be :mad:.
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

well i WONT be suprized if they did, since they did it with "Bear" :smirk:
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well "Bear" (get it?) in mind that Sesame Workshop was always a partner in the Sesame Workshop and Disney was always named on BITBH stuff as well. Muppets are a little different and household names, i'm not saying they wouldn't try something like that but it's certainly a much bigger step. The new Muppet plushes in UK Disney stores don't refer to "Disney's Muppets" at all.
  8. Muppets Holding

Muppets Holding New Member

It will only say Disney's Bear. Not Disney's Muppets. They will still be called Jim Henson's Muppets. There thinking Disney Presents Jim Hensons Muppets.

Mabe they will call them Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets. I dought they will. but.....?
  9. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Thank you for telling us this! :)
    There was bloodshed and tears shed over this question. :(
  10. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I like that. The good part is they still mention Jim Henson.
  11. Muppets Holding

I dought they will call them that. But Disney did not buy the name Jim Henson. But they bought Jim Henson's Muppets. So they could add there name to that. But I think Disney presents Jim Henson's Muppets.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

You might want to check that. Disney didn't buy "Jim Hensons Muppets", they bought "The Muppets" but they may have had an agreement to use the Jim Henson name, i don't know. The Jim Henson name is completely seperate from any of the other properties and owned and licensed by the Jim Henson Legacy.
  13. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Exactly what I've said. Jim Henson [Company] added its name to "The Muppets" just as it did to "Fraggle Rock," "The Hoobs," and many of its other properties.
  14. Muppets Holding

You are correct Luke. They bought the Muppets. I got that one wrong :o.

But bobhopesite, I talked to someone and they like the idea Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets. Is a good name. Plus if they did call them Disney's Muppets. What about the Fraggle Muppets or the Sesame Street Muppets. They aren't Disney's. But like I said I dought they will call them Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets.
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

"Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets" is just tedious. As for Fraggle Muppets and Sesame Street Muppets, they hardly call them that anymore so I doubt it will be a big deal. There are Muppets: puppets created by The Jim Henson Company. And there are "The Muppets": the brand/property featuring Kermit and Piggy and Fozzie that Disney bought from the Henson Company.
  16. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I think I had read on this board a few months ago that the Fraggle Muppets, et al. would no longer be called that because Disney now owned the copyrights and trademarks for the term "Muppets." So from now on they would just be called the Fraggles.
  17. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Another thought. . .

As much as I don't want it, I think its definate that they will call them Disney's Muppets. I cite Disney's doug as my example. Its meant to distinguish them from the version before.
  18. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Yeah, but that was a little different though. :D