Disney's Cartoon Shows or Shorts

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hello everyone it's me Kyle. Now i wanted to start a thread about the Disney Cartoon we used to watch as well talk about the DVD's that are coming out. Now i've been collection all the older Disney Shorts that have been coming out since 2000. Now i just the other day got "Mickey Mouse In Black & White" vol. 1 and i'm just enjoying them all. But i had a question on another certain Disney Cartoon Show. "DarkWing Duck."

Now as i was finishing my DVD of vol. 1 (haven't got the second one yet) but i was watching an episode called "Jurassic Jumble" where duck people are being turned into Dinosaurs and all this is the first time Darkwing, Gosalyn and Honker met Stegmutt. But here's my question.

"Why is it that in "Just Us Justice Ducks Part 1" and two show that Darkwing, Gosalyn and Honker and the others already know who Stegmutt is if the episode that shows them meeting for the first time hasn't aired till later on the series?

I was wondering this and thought how could this be unless when they were released on DVD this isn't the way they were shown on TV.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
That's my guess, Kyle, and typical of the way Disney is mishandling the release of these cartoons onto DVD.

BJ

Xerus

Reaction score
Hello everyone it's me Kyle. Now i wanted to start a thread about the Disney Cartoon we used to watch as well talk about the DVD's that are coming out. Now i've been collection all the older Disney Shorts that have been coming out since 2000. Now i just the other day got "Mickey Mouse In Black & White" vol. 1 and i'm just enjoying them all. But i had a question on another certain Disney Cartoon Show. "DarkWing Duck."

Now as i was finishing my DVD of vol. 1 (haven't got the second one yet) but i was watching an episode called "Jurassic Jumble" where duck people are being turned into Dinosaurs and all this is the first time Darkwing, Gosalyn and Honker met Stegmutt. But here's my question.

"Why is it that in "Just Us Justice Ducks Part 1" and two show that Darkwing, Gosalyn and Honker and the others already know who Stegmutt is if the episode that shows them meeting for the first time hasn't aired till later on the series?

I was wondering this and thought how could this be unless when they were released on DVD this isn't the way they were shown on TV.
I remember that Justice Ducks episode too. And it also showed for the first time Liquidator, Neptunia the mutant fish, and the yellow jacketed Negaduck. Those Justice Duck episodes seemed to have aired before it showed those characters first episodes. It seems like networks have the habit of running episodes of a TV show out of order.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I figured that. Oh well. I was confused on how that was. It made me wonder did they air these like that or is that just how they are presenting them in this DVD? But thanks for your help everyone.

One of the two most cartoons i would love to see come out are "Bonkers" and that Marsupula guy. Can't spell but you get the idea.

Edit: You mean that NegaDuck had another colored jacket? I never remember that. I always thought of it being Yellow. How weird is that.

Xerus

Reaction score
I figured that. Oh well. I was confused on how that was. It made me wonder did they air these like that or is that just how they are presenting them in this DVD? But thanks for your help everyone.

One of the two most cartoons i would love to see come out are "Bonkers" and that Marsupula guy. Can't spell but you get the idea.

Edit: You mean that NegaDuck had another colored jacket? I never remember that. I always thought of it being Yellow. How weird is that.
In Negaduck's first appearance. Megavolt zapped Darkwing with a machine that separated his good side and bad side. The bad side called himself Negaduck and he had his regular purple suit but then turned to a scary gray when he got himself galvanized by Megavolt's ray. But then the two Darkwings got merged again in the end. But then later, a new yellow coated Negaduck started appearing and causing trouble. It was later revealed that he came from a universe called the Negaverse.

Erine81981

Reaction score
In Negaduck's first appearance. Megavolt zapped Darkwing with a machine that separated his good side and bad side. The bad side called himself Negaduck and he had his regular purple suit but then turned to a scary gray when he got himself galvanized by Megavolt's ray. But then the two Darkwings got merged again in the end. But then later, a new yellow coated Negaduck started appearing and causing trouble. It was later revealed that he came from a universe called the Negaverse.
I think I remember when the first NegaDuck came about because of his same color suit. I don't remember the grey suit but the Yellow one i do remember. Can't wait to see these episodes if they ever come out on DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Two words: Production order. A lot of DVDs feature the programs in production order vs. air order (hense why Fraggle Rock will be season 4 of production, and 4 and 5 of air.)

take a look at this list of Ducktlaes episodes

As you can see, they aired differently than when they were produced, and that's the reason why the 5 part opening saga didn't appear until the 2nd DVD set.

It reminds me of how cartoon pilots (if they air) usually tend to be in the middle of the run, and not at the beginning. Long story short, you're not supposed to use an introductory episode for a Pilot, leading to producing a normal episode where they have to try to introduce the characters.

That said, I noticed on Darkwing set 2, one of the episodes was copyrighted 1992, when the show aired in 1991, and that would meant they witheld that episode till the second season or so.