Dixie Chicks Shut Up And Sing

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually want to see this and LAUGH at how polarized the country was before we all found out the War was a big mistake, especially stratigically.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I feel bad for the Dixie Chicks. They stated their opinions and their fans just turned on 'em. Now look at it, hmmm... not such a bad opinion to have anymore, is it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I feel bad for the Dixie Chicks. They stated their opinions and their fans just turned on 'em. Now look at it, hmmm... not such a bad opinion to have anymore, is it?

It's funny. In retrospect, they didn't even say anything horrible, and they said it to a foreign audience. It proves how rediculously polarized the nation became after 9/11, especially on that war.

What the fans never took into account was that NO US president was unanimously loved. Not Regan, nor Clinton... shell... not even FDR. It just cracks me up. This is also from the era of "Freedom Fries" and "Let's Bomb France next" bumperstickers because the French thought the war was unwise.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Augh, that whole Freedom Fries incident was one of the most shameful and embarassing things we Americans ever cooked up.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It's too bad for them. They are amazing musicians ('m a fan! lol). And they got torn apart by media. I really want to go see this movie.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's funny. In retrospect, they didn't even say anything horrible, and they said it to a foreign audience. It proves how rediculously polarized the nation became after 9/11, especially on that war.

What the fans never took into account was that NO US president was unanimously loved. Not Regan, nor Clinton... shell... not even FDR. It just cracks me up. This is also from the era of "Freedom Fries" and "Let's Bomb France next" bumperstickers because the French thought the war was unwise.
I'm not sure how many of you guys or democrat or republican... Well, I'm a republican... And I feel that it was kind've immature for for their fans to stop buying their albums. What's this world coming to?, it was a FOREIGN concert. They didn't have to express their opinions about Bush or the War with Iraq at a concert, they could've said them on the radio or a blog for all I care. I agree Bush made a Big mistake about going over to Iraq, but... Dixie Chicks next time you have a political opinion, Keep it to yourselves.

Teheheman

Reaction score
My opinion on it is that yes they had an opinion and they have a right to express it as Americans, but do it in America. People have said that if they would have done it in America, then people wouldn't have been so ticked. Personally, I think that if Natalie Maines would have shut her mouth for more than 5 seconds without something stupid coming out of it, then yeah, this whole thing would have blown over and we would have forgotten all about it and they would be #1 with everybody in Country music. Instead, she says things like "Country fans are ignorant" and things like "We want fans that are in it for us, and not ones that put us in a 5-disc changer with Toby Keith and Reba McEntire" I just wish that they do shut up, unless we actually ask for your opinion, don't say it.

Daniel

Frogster

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Augh, that whole Freedom Fries incident was one of the most shameful and embarassing things we Americans ever cooked up.
Yeah, that was more embarrassing than the time I did the weather report for Ollie Williams (flashback...)

Tom Tucker: Well Ollie, we decided to bring in a new guy to help with our younger demographic. This is Luke.... what do you think, Ollie?

Ollie Williams (shouting): KID'S GOT ONE EAR!

Tom Tucker: How very observant, Ollie.