Do Fraggles have a school?

bazingababe24

Reaction score
Just something I was thinking about the other day. From what we've seen in the show, Fraggles can read, write, and presumably do basic math. They had to have learned it somewhere. Is it something they learn in their homes as they grow up, or do they actually go somewhere to learn it? To me, the idea of Fraggles having any kind of educational system is a little far-fetched, but it's one of the many things you wonder about when you watch the show. :smile: WDYGT?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
They do have different little clubs and such. Also, Marjorie might have some books lying around. I would think that if they did have education, it was informal like parent-child teaching and club-specific lessons. For example, Uncle Gobo/Matt might have taught how to read maps, geography, etc. Storyteller would have books (I assume) and can teach narrative structure. Artists would teach art, etc. A master/apprentice system would probably make a lot of sense, given that Fraggles' "jobs" seem to be tied to what you know or who you know.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I don't believe that Fraggles have school as we know it. My idea is similar to Redpiggy's: parents/parental figures teach little Fraggles the essential skills of life--readin', evading fragglevores, and balancing pickles on their noses--and further education occurs when someone wants to teach and someone else wants to learn. I can see it being a point of pride to pass one's skills on to other Fraggles, whether it be exploring, laundry, or... well, there must be other things...

Puckrox

Reaction score
My opinion is the same as the people below. I don't think they have school. I always figured they just learned from the older Fraggles around them and life experiences as well. Seems pretty effective to me. :smile:

Fraggline

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Fraggles probably don't have school, but I have to admit that I've been wanting to write some short stories of the Fraggles around pre-school age (sort of like Muppet Babies...only kind of a weak copy-cat). In my little fantasies, Storyteller Fraggle would run a small sort of school, but she would teach the things you guys have all been talking about, such as traditional Fraggle rituals and holidays. It wouldn't be a huge educational system, just sort of quaint...if I ever write one of these stories!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well the turth is no one knows for sure but I thought is yes and no.:wisdom:

Foodie

Reaction score
I hope not. School is jail. Fraggles don't need jails. :smirk:

Collgoff

Reaction score
Do fraggles have a school

I hope not. School is jail. Fraggles don't need jails. :smirk:
I'm not quite sure if fraggles have a school or not but sometime I think school is like jail too but on the bright side most of the time I do like being in school and that's o.k.:smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think they have school in the sense of imparting knowledge and skills to others, but not in the sense of force-feeding it into 'em for their entire childhood. Accoeding to "Gobo's School for Explorers" it seems to me to be a voluntary thing.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Do fraggles have a school

I think they have school in the sense of imparting knowledge and skills to others, but not in the sense of force-feeding it into 'em for their entire childhood. Accoeding to "Gobo's School for Explorers" it seems to me to be a voluntary thing.
I do toldly agree with you!:excited: