do you have?

Fraggle Lover

Reaction score
Does anyone one hear have or saw muppet classic theater? :smirk: I thought it was fairly popular but I have never heard anyone on hear talking about it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I read a thread here that gave me the impression that most members really didn't like it. I have it on VHS and I love it. I personally feel it's one of the more originally Muppety feeling projects done since Jim died.

christyb

Reaction score
I have it. I've watched it only a million and one times. Yeah you're right it's not talked about very much. Why? Are you looking for it?

christyb

Reaction score
Ok here it is in summary:

MCT (Muppet Classic Theatre) was (as I believe) a made for video movie. Gonzo and Rizzo act as the hosts. This features Muppet twists on classic stories such as The Emperor's New Clothes, The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf, The Three Little Pigs, (ummm...I'm trying to remember them all), Rumpelstilkskin (ok I know I spelled that one wrong), and I'm missing one more story I believe but I can't remember. It's pretty good as recent Muppet productions go. I believe it's an hour long or so.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
"Muppet Classic Theater" is a fun and wacky special that I have enjoyed watching many times. From 1994 this direct-to-video release "special" features Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and the rest of the Muppet Gang acting out six classic fairytales: "Rumpelstiltskin," "The Elves and the Shoemaker," "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," "King Midas," "The Three Little Pigs," and "The Emperor's New Clothes." It is a funny and fun special and worth seeing at least once. It is avalible on VHS, but sadly it has not made its way to DVD yet (at least not in the US ).:sympathy:

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks for completing the list for me. I knew I was forgetting some stories.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
It is avalible on VHS, but sadly it has not made its way to DVD yet (at least not in the US ).:sympathy:
Yes its not on a US (R1) DVD but it's been released on Vol. 2 & 3 in the UK (R2) DVD series called "The very best of the muppet show" that have gone out of production.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
oooohhh!
haha
ive seen it
here in the Uk we called it muppet fairytales!
which i think makes more sense.
its ok.
Some of the storys werent great but i loved the elves and the shoemaker. :big_grin: