Do You Know/Remember This Sing Along Songs Cassette?

Maddi1962

Reaction score
Back in the early 1990's my kids had a cassette tape that was a true staple of any car-riding experience. For the life of me, I can't recall the name of the tape and only fragments of the songs contained therein. I'd really love to have it again. If anyone can help me locate any information on it, I'd appreciate it. It was Kermit the frog and had a song about seatbelt safety that was called "Buckle up, Buckle up, Seatbelts on"...though that may be a snipped of lyrics. It also had a song about cars of different colors, including one that was chartreuse. Another song about going to grandma's and packing all sorts of crazy items including a clock and a pickle and an egg. Kermit didn't sing the songs, but did the tape intro and song lead-ins. I don't recall any other muppets being included. Would love to find any info on this cassette. (At this point, just to prove my sanity!) Thanks!!

Hubert

Reaction score
Hmm...interesting. I'll look around for you and see what I can find.

Just making sure...do you know it was Kermit for sure and not Ernie, since their voices are similar?

Maddi1962

Reaction score
A friend found it for me!! It's called Are We There Yet? Songs for Tiny Travelers and it came out in 1989! (It's actually listed in the Audio collectibles section of this site!) Now to find (another) one of my very own!! Any clues on that?

Released 1989 by Longmeadow Press. Lyrics by Louise Gikow and Ellen Weiss. Illustrated by Dennis Hockerman. Executive Producer: Geri Van Rees. Producers: Peter Fish, Louise Gikow, Benjamin Goldstein, and Geri Van Rees. Book/tape set, 24 pages.
Kermit the Frog entertains kids on car trips with songs and games.
1. Seat Belts On!
2. Honk, Honk!
3. Riding in the Country
4. Grandma Called
5. Red Car, Blue Car
6. I'll Bet You Anything
7. Rest Now

Hubert

Reaction score
EDIT: Disregard this, then. You put your post in ahead of mine, so I didn't see yours when I wrote this...

Found it! It's called "Are We There Yet: Songs for Tiny Travelers" Here's the Muppet Wiki page for it: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Are_We_There_Yet?:_Songs_for_Tiny_Travelers

Made in 1989, it also came with a book with music and lyrics in them. The only difference between your description is that it appears Kermit did sing the songs, but maybe he didn't, I don't know.

Hubert

Reaction score
As to where to find it: maybe you could post this in the MUP3 thread on this forum and see if anyone here has it that they could give you as an MP3. Also you could just keep checking ebay or something like that, I would imagine one would eventually show up.

Maddi1962

Reaction score
Thanks, Hubert! I'll give that a try! As for singing talents on the cassette itself, it's possible Kermit did a couple songs, but I'm pretty sure not all of them. Of course, it's been a lot of years and considerably more snow on the roof than back in those days...LOL!

Maddi1962

Reaction score
I've checked amazon, ebay and plenty of other vendors, but haven't found a copy yet. One of my kids found a youtube vid of a child singing one of the songs (Grandma Called), but that's the closest I've come.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Sorry, I'd never heard of it 'til now myself. When I saw the title of this thread though, I had to jump in! I've been interested on and off over the past several years in tracking down cassettes I had as a kid in MP3 form. I've managed to get my hands on a couple. If you'd wanted Hop Like a Bunny, Waddle like a Duck or Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies, I would've been able to help! lol
:sing: