Do you love Muppets Tonight?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know, going back to the whole "why wasn't Kermit the host" thing. I know I could be in danger of opening up a huge can of worms when I say this, but I'm kinda glad he wasn't, because to be honset, I don't like Steve's Kermit. I really don't think it comes close to Jim's Kermit at all. I love Steve as Wembley Fraggle and Rizzo the Rat, but I don't think highly at all of his Kermit. I won't mind at all if Disney did find a new Kermit and just had Steve perform Rizzo, which I'm sure would just bruise his ego. Come on, though, can anyone really say the Steve really sounds like Kermit of the earlier years. I don't think so. But hey that's just my say.

Oh and KingFatJ, what I meant by "you would say B than right", isn't really like a grade thing, it was what was frist asked. B means you can't stand the show, which is how you seem to feel, it's in the frist thread.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You are entitled to freedom of speech like any of the rest of us JJ.
And even though I was surprised that Kermit handed over leadership to Clifford at first I thought afterwards well sometimes it can be good to change and try something a little different. It's the risk you have to take whether fans will like any change or not of course.

As for the matter of the voice I thought Steve sounded pretty close to the original. Of course no matter who does it there will never be another Jim Henson voice for Kermit. We will never have the Frog ever sounding like he used to and just like any other muppet in the same boat we will have to live with it as best we can. But I'm sure most people will agree Steve does a good job at trying to capture the tone of Jim's Kermit.

Anyway feel free to open up as many worm cans as you like JJ We all have our own opinions as long as we don't start arguing over each other's "worms":big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Thank you Bill.

I will say that it is not like Steve is the worst choice for Kermit. And yes, better a Steve Kermit than no Kermit at all. When I think about it, maybe I was a little unfair to Steve for some of the stuff I said, what I should say is that I just don't think Steve's Kermit is that close to Jim's Kermit, my own say. Steve is doing a fine job, but I do think their could be someone better, that's all I'm saying. Just to be clear it's not like I hate Steve or nothing, just think there could be a better Kermit voice out there.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You're welcome JJ. btw if you didn't realize I Bill am your new PM buddy Martin.

But that's okay JJ I'm still doing my best to let people know what my real name is:wink: :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
You're welcome JJ. btw if you didn't realize I Bill am your new PM buddy Martin.

But that's okay JJ I'm still doing my best to let people know what my real name is:wink: :smile:
I did realize that Martin, I know who you are, :wink: . Thanks though man, it's really cool PM you.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would choose (A)

Same here of what episodes I saw I watched them. I didn't get to see all of them either. So the ones I saw I enjoyed. Muppets on TV is all I had been wanting since none of the muppet stuff was on anymore. So I wouldn't mind watch them now.