Do You Miss The Frog?

dinoboy

Reaction score
during the holidays, I found out that alot of Jim Henson's Christmas Special videos have had the Kermit intros taken out. Could this be true for all Henson home videos? I must say that I'm a fan of Kermit, and it's just not the same without the frog.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas and The Christmas Toy both have been released recently without the Kermit intros due to Disney owning the frog. These are pretty much the main ones, considering that they're the only ones off hand that I can remember having Kermit scenes.

I would love to see Kermit in those specials. In fact, I've never really seen either special in its uncut entirety. I would imagine that would be a nice thing to see.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I miss Kermit in those specials. Thank goodness The Jim Henson Company kept him in Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting. If the Kermit scenes were cut out from that special, we wouldn't see the introduction, the SS Newsflash segments, or even the final shot of this special where the whole gang is singing "Sing".