Do you open your figures?

Reaction score
I opened series 1-3 to display them. I moved last summer and didn't take that much care of wrapping the figures and regret it. I wound up with alotta scratched up figs and broken accessories. I remember the first day I opened Scooter and was posing him. His arm popped off due to tight joint and too soft resin. Floyd's guitar amp's peg also cracked off when I was trying to attack it. I fixed both of them with some CA.

I have series 4-8 on there new clamshell packaging. I would love to open them and set up some displays but I afraid there paint and parts will scratch and break as well. Anyone have trouble with paint scratches and soft resin in these series or did they get better in quality as the series went on.

Fozzie

Reaction score
I am a loose collector as well. Although if a figure is VERY rare I might keep it MOC.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I was a MOCer for series 1 and 2 and then HAD to open them and felt much better. My figures have been bouced around with minimal breakage. My ice penguin PVC did lose a leg and I have no idea where it is. It really bugs me because otherwise I have a complete set of minis.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Of course I open the figures! They're just too darn nice to leave in the packaging. Although, having an entire wall filled with MIP figures must look impressive... :flirt:

The only figures I have MIP are an extra Kermit, and an extra Captain Smollet :smile:

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Opener. You can't appreciate the work Palisades put in these by looking at them throgh plastic. They're emant to be opened. They're meant to be played with.

Moran9969

Reaction score
||ell ya I open em! :smile:

They are all neatly gathered together in my glass cabinet that I bought at Ikea... :stick_out_tongue:

I just wish that we could attach images here, so that I could show off my collection. :big_grin:

caper

Reaction score
I got all of them and I will open them until I get series 9 and when I get x-tras of Kermit, Janice, and Scooter coz what I heard from this site is that those figures break easily.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
I have opened every single one of mine, for room couldn't even keep the boxes to most. So have only kept the unique special boxes like the wedding set, and the dream date gonzo. But just so you know keeping them in the box isn't always safe either, if any pressure gets put on the outside of the box, and it is alittle hot that day, even around the 90's the paint will come off. Saddly I found this out the hard way, on a few extras I had.

Gonzo's Goof

jah742

Reaction score
all mine have been liberated as well. and that's the only way you get the sweet sweet smell of freshly opened figs. mmmmm