Do you wear glasses or contacts?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I wore glasses from my fourth grade year until my junior year in college or so. Then one day my eyesight magically got better and I threw my glasses on the ground, stomped on them, and gave a loud cry of joy.

Just kidding. I finally decided to try contacts (I had always been too scared. I hated the thought of something touching my eyes, blech!) I now wear contacts just about all of the time. I wish I could trust the thought of laser surgery correcting my eyesight but I just know that in 10 or 15 years, all of these people who have had it done will have their eyes wither in their sockets. Eewy, yucky, nah-sty.

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Took the plunge in 1994

Docnzhoss said:
I wish I could trust the thought of laser surgery correcting my eyesight but I just know that in 10 or 15 years, all of these people who have had it done will have their eyes wither in their sockets. Eewy, yucky, nah-sty.
That was a GREAT description! I am TOTALLY obsessed with my eyesight now and read every freaking sign I see, just to be sure. I'm sure that one day my eyes WILL wither in their sockets, but I am the Poster Child for PRK - PhotoRefractive Keratectomy. (That's what it was called way back then, as I had it done in Canada before it was approved in the States.) I was one of this doc's first patients to have both eyes done at the same time. I went in with almost a -6 diopter in both eyes and sat up in the chair they lasered my eyes in and could read the Exit sign! In 2 days I was 20/45 in both eyes; In 7 days I was 20/15 in both eyes - and still holding! It's been 10 years and I'm still sure I'll go blind if I blink wrong, but they seem to be okay. Of course, now that I'm older, I've started to notice that my eyes get tired reading late at night, but that's to be expected.

Oh! Had glasses from First Grade on, then I got contacts when I graduated Sixth Grade. (I remember my mom driving me home from the ophthalmologist and yelling that the wind from the open windows in the car - BIG WINDOWS in a 1976 Pacer *ooo* - was killing my eyes.)

Does anyone ELSE have a problem with Diarrhea Of The Mouth when you post in here?! My sincere apologies!

Beebers

Reaction score
ASailorsGal said:
Does anyone ELSE have a problem with Diarrhea Of The Mouth when you post in here?!
If you browse around in older threads you'll see that you are not alone lol. Don't worry about it, it makes good reading when people get going on things.

:wink: :smile: :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
ASailorsGal said:
Does anyone ELSE have a problem with Diarrhea Of The Mouth when you post in here?! My sincere apologies!
You type with your mouth? That's amazing!!

:big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
ASailorsGal said:
Ain't it, though?! It's one of my secret SuperPowers! :big_grin:
Are you related to SouperMan? He's one of our faves, right up there with Captain Vegetable. :cool:

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Are you related to SouperMan? He's one of our faves, right up there with Captain Vegetable. :cool:

I'm afraid I'm unable to answer that question. . . If I did, then I'd have to throw penguins at you! :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
ASailorsGal said:
I'm afraid I'm unable to answer that question. . . If I did, then I'd have to throw penguins at you! :big_grin:
Been there, survived that.
Zee grandparents are much more dangerous.

Beebers

Reaction score
There are a number of Special Secret Ops on this board unable to answer direct questions because it could jeopardize their positions. Anyone wearing Groucho Marx glasses and generally lurking around should be considered perfectly normal and anyone encountering them should move on quietly. Do Not Make A Fuss.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
There are a number of Special Secret Ops on this board unable to answer direct questions because it could jeopardize their positions. Anyone wearing Groucho Marx glasses and generally lurking around should be considered perfectly normal and anyone encountering them should move on quietly. Do Not Make A Fuss.
Oh, you mean people like me?
:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: