Doc

Neil565

Reaction score
I can't remember how to spell the actors name, so forgive this 1:30 AM insomnia post :smile:.

I love the actor who plays him, but after seeing his interviews on the latest DVD's...are you a bit worried that he's a little too old now for the role of Doc? I'm wondering if all that goes away, and when the camera is turned on, he's instantly back into the role as if 20 years hadn't passed?

I really hope they don't replace him when the movie is out. It wouldn't be the same with a different actor...

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I can't remember how to spell the actors name, so forgive this 1:30 AM insomnia post :smile:.

I love the actor who plays him, but after seeing his interviews on the latest DVD's...are you a bit worried that he's a little too old now for the role of Doc? I'm wondering if all that goes away, and when the camera is turned on, he's instantly back into the role as if 20 years hadn't passed?

I really hope they don't replace him when the movie is out. It wouldn't be the same with a different actor...

Indeed, I too love Doc (Gerry Parkes, BTW). Personally, I don't care how old he is, I'd love to see him in the Fraggle Rock movie, if even just a few second bit part. But, if they can't get him or he can't do it for whatever reason, I'd just as soon not have Doc in it at all. They could certainly incorporate Sprocket in there somewhere without Doc, but to see someone besides the original play everyone's favorite silly creature would be just kinda wrong (no offense to those of you outside of North America who grew up and loved a different "Doc").

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I agree, a good idea to incorporate Sprocket might be having Doc have a relative or friend in the film. I am curious as to how they will figure that into the equation. But, if Gerry Parkes (or other Doc actors are still with us) could do a cameo, it would be really neat.

They actually did that with other films, one is the 'Brady Bunch Movie' where they had the original castmembers do cameos throughout the film. It was a brilliant idea, and it sort of connected the past to the present.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I don't care how old Doc is or how old he looks - even if it's just a 3 second cameo, it would make me SO happy to see him in the movie :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I still say, all the world's Doc's (or at least all the ones that are still alive or could do it) playing poker together in a cafe in Paris somewhere :wink:. If not our US/Canada Doc by himself:excited:.
I agree he can never be too old IMHO, he is like everyones' favorite grandpa/uncle, we love seeing him no matter what :3!

Neil565

Reaction score
That's a great idea :smile:

Somehow work a scene in that brings together ALL the Docs.

Heh, maybe the plot of the movie could be someone simple. Doc goes on a world cruise in his retirement years, and the Fraggles use the 'Second entrance to Outer Space' cave to keep up with him. Each visit goes to a location where an alternate Doc can meet up with the Fraggles in their native country ;o)

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I still say, all the world's Doc's (or at least all the ones that are still alive or could do it) playing poker together in a cafe in Paris somewhere :wink:. If not our US/Canada Doc by himself:excited:.
I agree he can never be too old IMHO, he is like everyones' favorite grandpa/uncle, we love seeing him no matter what :3!
I've always wanted Doc to be my grandpa - the lovable old man who you visit occasionally and get to hear about all his crazy inventions he's come up with since the last time ;D

I think a poker game featuring the Docs from all around the world would be epic xD