DOCTOR WHO with Puppets

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Oh dear! Oh my giddy aunt! Jamie! Zoe! It's the... TARDIS?

Don't fill my thread with rubbish! LOL! Only joking - that is one scary looking TARDIS...puppet.

And its David by the way, robinthecrow being a very old alias of mine.

spcglider

Reaction score
I have a Dr. Who parody piece scripted for inclusion on Transylvania Television. But before that, I was planning a little piece that had the Doctor coming down with the rare Koozbanian disease Puppetitis... and transforming into a puppet.

Just before the TARDIS was attacked by (gasp!) The Cy-Bert-men :frown: ! The cone-headed metallic mirthless marauders of the galaxy!

-Gordon

robinthecrow

Reaction score
What a... er... interesting idea, Gordon.

That would certainly be different.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
About time I brought this thread up to date... or at least, to the top of the board again :stick_out_tongue:

I wonder if those who know what they are doing could possibly help me find the best way to construct the right head for the main Doctor puppet. Please see the photoshopped photo in the above posts.

I know that perhaps I need more than just a flat sheet of foam with darts cut to make the shape but could someone suggest maybe more than one sheet of foam to construct this, or similar, shape of head?

Any help greatly appreciated.

~David.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Try Project Puppet's Punto pattern. They might get you pointed in the right direction.

ShiveringCactus

Reaction score
Hi David. Just thought I'd ask how the project is coming along?

It's very ambitious! I definitely think a Doctor regenerates as/transforms into a puppet thing could be a lot of fun though.

(Thanks for the youtube comment btw!)

Deb.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Hey Debs.

This project is still on going and at the moment I am working with a fellow WHOPuppet friend to produce the head pattern for the Doctor puppet - which is the main reason this project never got as far as production! :stick_out_tongue:

No problem about commenting on your fantastic videos! You and Graham always produce such lovely puppet videos and I'm surprised Mr Buck Beaver (Andrew) hasn't posted them on his Puppet Vision Blog yet...

robinthecrow

Reaction score
This project is not dead.

I have collaborated with Dr Puppet of 99 Acre fame to give me a hand with the head pattern of which I hope to produce something soonish!