Does anyone cry when they watch Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson?

Beth C

Reaction score
I just got my copy of this today and sat down and watched it for the first time.

By the end I was shedding rivers of tears. It was so sad when Fozzie found the letters and realized WHY they were doing the tribute.

I really wasn't expecting to see Kermit at all (No, I didn't read these posts first, I was really clueless) and when he walked it that cinched it.

I then told my kids, "You watch, he won't speak" and lo and behold, he did.

I was a mess then. It's been 30 mins since I turned it off. I'm still choked up over it.

I love this tape. It's definately a MUST HAVE for any VHS Muppet collection.

~Beth C

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Ah, it was five years ago today that I first saw that show and recorded it off Odyssey. And I've watched it continuously ever since.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I do. It leaves a lump in my throat.Even now,watching Henson's work,just hearing his voice chokes me up.Richard's voice too. Man,I miss them both. :cry: :cool:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beth C said:
I really wasn't expecting to see Kermit at all (No, I didn't read these posts first, I was really clueless) and when he walked it that cinched it.

I then told my kids, "You watch, he won't speak" and lo and behold, he did.

~Beth C
What a great song. I knew you could do the tribute for Jim.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I've never seen this one :frown:

Is it just the Muppets or does it include the SS gang and FR? Could someone maybe give me a few details on what happens? how long is it exactly?

Sorry for all the questions, man do I wish they'd put this out on DVD.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well in a nutshell, it had the Muppets in the Muppet Theater, trying to figure out what tribute they can do for this "fellow" named Jim Henson. Throughout the special are segments introduced by different celebrities that talk about Jim's early years, Sesame Street, his fantasy films, etc. At the end, the Muppets find out that this Jim Henson guy had actually passed on, and they read real letters from fans of Jim. Soon, the Muppets start singing "Just One Person," with the Fraggles and Sesame Street characters joining in. After the song Kermit, for the first time performed by Steve Whitmire, comes in and says they did a good job and tells the audience that you'll be seeing more Muppet stuff 'cause "that's the way the boss would want it."

All in all, it's a really good special. About an hour (commercials included). I never cried watching it, but if you love the Muppets and the work of Jim Henson, you'll love this tribute. Hopefully, it'll re-air on TV in the near future.