Does anyone cry when they watch Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson?

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I don't think it's downloadable. I haven't seen it, anyway. I think this should be a DVD release, since a lot of real fans have yet to see it. It's very informative and extremely touching. I had it on tape when it first aired, but I've moved so often since then. You know, you leave a few things behind each time, get rid of a few more things. One move in particular saw us leave several hundred LP's and a whole whack of VHS, just for lack of somewhere to pack them. This is one special I'd love to get back. Even if I do get it back, there were other things on the tape that I'll never get back. On this particular tape, I had a couple episodes of an old Canadian kids' show called "Zig Zag". Anyone remember that one? Off topic, I know, but hey.

eric

fozziecub

Reaction score
absolutley

the letters get me evertime, it goes all quiet at that bit (waaaahhhh)

Jonathan

Reaction score
I cry like a baby when I wach it ecpecily when they are singing the song at the end :cry: :cry:

Aaron

Reaction score
i'll give any of y'all anything to have this special

rowf2755

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Heh. I cry everytime I watch it too.

I dare someone to not cry at that song.
I Think That NOBODY Can Do That!

Aaron

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
well, what da y'all got?
sesame street 25th anniversary vhs it's not easy bein green billy bunny's animal songs

Kamit

Reaction score
I balled my eyes my eyes out at the end (I had to run into the bathroom and hide, cause I didn't want anyone to see me crying).

The only time I ever saw it was when it originally aired. We taped it but unfortunately it ended up on, what in my family has become known as the mythical "Lost Muppet Tape" (it also contained several JHH eps including the Behind the scenes one). We've searched high and low and we can't find it anywhere. My dad vaguely remembers one of our tapes breaking and having to be thrown out, and he suspects that that was the one.

Our parents, at the time, tried to console us by saying "don't worry - we'll tape them when they are on again". And then of course JHH was cancelled and they never re-ran Muppet Celebrate Jim Henson

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
I have not seen that one since it aired, and until I just read this thread I had totally forgot that they sang "People who believe in you". I love that song and always have since I saw it on the Bernadette Peters episode. Now I NEED MCJH even more!
If anyone knows where to find it PLEASE post the details! :sympathy:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
MuppetNewsFlash said:
I have not seen that one since it aired, and until I just read this thread I had totally forgot that they sang "People who believe in you". I love that song and always have since I saw it on the Bernadette Peters episode. Now I NEED MCJH even more!
If anyone knows where to find it PLEASE post the details! :sympathy:
There are probably a lot of people here who could trade you for it. I found a copy on ebay, and it wasn't too expensive. There's a guy there who sells it pretty often. I would offer to copy mine for you, but since it's already a copy (of decent, but not great, quality), it probably would look and sounds not-so-hot by the time it got to you... Also, I don't have the equipment readily available. Try posting over in the buy/sell/trade section...