does anyone know about schools?

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm looking for information on schools that offer classes in puppeteering. (I don't know if I spelled this right.)
I live in southern Maine, and want to go to a local collage. (Local is in New Hampshire, Mass, Maine, ect.) I really want to be a puppeteer when I grow up :smile: (I'm 13)

matleo

Reaction score
I'd look into Marlobor colleg in New Hampshire (i think it's in New Hampshire) Eric Bas teaches there and is very good. He also does an intensive summer puppetry program. I don't have the info in front of me right now, but if yoo lok at www.puppeteers.org and check ou the bulleint board there should be some info there. You might also want to check the Puppetry Home page at www.sagecraft.com Of course the best place for puppetry in the northeast is the University of CT in Storrs. Hope this is of some help.

--Matt

DriedDragonFly

Reaction score
Of course you could always attend workshops and take part in internships. Personally I'm a double major in art and theater. I'm going to be exploring puppetry on my own. If there is a play I have to put on, you bet I'll include puppets. If I have a 3d project, I'm going to try and make a puppet out of it. Just look around. Be creative.

I really couldn't of gotten into the University of CT with my grades and my portfolio...but I'm going to try to get into it for my graduates program. You should apply. You still have time to make the grades and come up with an incredible portfolio

Also do as many puppet plays as you can. I actually hope to go to the national sturge weber conference and perform. How good will that look in my portfolio., on a resume. Even if its just a birthday party, it's practice, it's experience. Stuff like that.

Don't wait, start now.

DriedDragonFly

Reaction score
Oh and experiment with different materials….

Remember the world isn’t made of foam.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The only one I know of is that university in Conneticut--what's it called??

:embarrassed: