Does Junior love or hate Fraggles?

Xerus

Reaction score
I've been wondering how Junior really feels about Fraggles.

There were lots of times Junior wanted to catch Fraggles and put them in cages so he can either keep them as pets or torture them.

And there was an episode where Mokey put a dummy Fraggle in a cage and Junior thought he killed a Fraggle and felt really bad about it.

Also there were times Junior wanted to thump Fraggles with a club and in one episode he said, "Prepare to die, Fraggles!"

BEAR

Reaction score
I think he is just like one of those typical little boys who like to catch dragonflies and pull their wings off. He thinks it's good play, but deep down I don't think he would ever want to kill anybody. He just likes to play.
My family has a cabin up in the mountains and when my brother and I were little kids, one of the things that would keep us occupied was chasing the squirrels. My parents would tell us that if we sprinkled salt on their tails, they would freeze and we could catch them. What a way to get the kids out of your hair huh? Haha! But that is what we would do. We would set up silly little traps like a cardboard box attached to a string to get them. Of course we were never planning to kill it, it was just play. That's how I see Junior. Although, he may be a little more destructive since he is so big, and probably does not know his own strength. He is like the village fool and all he wants to do is make his parents proud and get his father's attention. Ma Gorg seems to be afraid of Fraggles as if they were like mice or any little rodent. Pa Gorg just likes to have power and people to grovel at his feet, which no one does but his son. Of course, I could be wrong. Hey, I'm just improvising!

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I honestly think JR likes the Fraggles, maybe not at first but as he learned to understand them he somewhat befriended them in a way.

Emosewa

Reaction score
Haha you were better then I, Bear. At my grandparents old old old house, we'd catch grasshoppers and toss them into these giant spider webs so we could watch the spiders. ^_^ Of course I was like 5 at the time, but I shoulda known better, no wonder my last years there some of the spiders were abnormally large.

And I think of Junior Gorg like a sort of Elmer Fudd, both have speed impediments, and both are after little furry creatures. But Elmer wants to cook them I think, and Junior has no intention of eating them. He just wants pets, and being a young boy, that might sometimes mean a little torture. ^_^

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Emosewa said:
And I think of Junior Gorg like a sort of Elmer Fudd, both have speed impediments, and both are after little furry creatures. But Elmer wants to cook them I think, and Junior has no intention of eating them. He just wants pets, and being a young boy, that might sometimes mean a little torture. ^_^
In the short "Rabbit Fire", Elmer said that he was a vegetarian, and only hunted for the sport of it. Though there are other cartoons where Elmer hunted to cook other animals.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
Junior is a little boy. He doesn't always rationally. He only wants to play.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Like stated before Jr is a little kid. A lot of little boys would keep a frog as pet (no disrespect to out fovorite frog, Kermit), but later hang out with his buddies and hurt or even kill other little froggies with the whole jumping jacks stuff. And I would say that's like JR, as much as he made love something like a Fraggle, he'll also love to hurt it, just like these little boys and the frogs. Most little kids, once agian like JR, don't really think about it being right or wrong just think of it as harmless fun. At least for them. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Also there were times Junior wanted to thump Fraggles with a club and in one episode he said, "Prepare to die, Fraggles!"
:eek: In which episode was it that Junior made such a dark threat as this?
If Junior ever really had once connected his big club with any Fraggle you would expect that it would surely have been fatal.
Think about like when we hit flies with flyswatters. SPLAT!!!