Does this episode of TMS exist...?

FerGonzo27

Reaction score
Hey there, one and all! Great site here, I can't wait to dig through all of it. :smile:

I have a very odd question, please forgive this newbie if this has been discussed before-- I did some searching on this site but couldn't find any record of it.

I have a very distinct memory of an episode of The Muppet Show that was aired when the show first went into "stripped" daily syndication (I'm pretty sure it would have been 1981, but I could be off by a year). This episode featured no guest star at all, but it did have a musical number of Kermit by the wall where he used to talk to the guest stars, and Kermit was singing the names of all the stars who had been on the show over the years, as their pictures flashed by on a screen next to him.

Years later, after I saw all the episode lists for the Muppet Show and found every episode had a guest star, I figured I was just delusional. But now that the Time-Life tapes & DVDs are coming out with sketches that had never aired, I started wondering: Maybe this episode was compiled from those previously cut clips, and the song I remember was from the last episode?

Is there ANYONE else out there who remembers this or can shed any light on what I might be remembering?

Many thanks--

-Fer

Ryan

Reaction score
I think you may be a bit confused. There was something similar to this in the Phyllis George episode in season 4 ('79) The entire show is based around an award show. In one piece, Scooter sings in the tune of "Modern Major General" the names of all the previous guests (and very well, i might add) . While he sang, B&W sts flashed on the screen of the guests. I may have a clip in mpg. form, so if you have an AIM screenname, come on tomorrow, and I'll send it to you.