Dog City TV Series on DVD

Sai

Reaction score
Hi, wasn't sure where to put this as I'm not sure which category this show would fall into. And I'm not having much luck using the search here to find Dog City threads.
Anyway, they released Dog City the Movie on DVD as you all probably know already and since then I was hoping they'd release the TV series which I'm more familiar with.
I just found a "Dog City - Volume 1: Disobedience School" DVD with a few episodes online and was wondering whether anyone has any info on this release?
Is this the first few episodes and is it Australia only? As I can't find it on UK online stores, or another country for that matter. Is this the first of many volumes?
If anyone ahs any info or if theres a thread here about this release please let me know thanks I'd really appreciate it.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
So far, as far as the US goes, there aren't any plans of releasing the series yet. But I don't think there's any legal trouble; none of the classic Muppets appear on the show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Dog City the Movie isn't rully a movie at all. It's an hourlong special episode from the short-lived series from the 1980's, The Jim Henson Hour.
At least, that's what I believe. If this is untrue, then I bow down to whoever has it and can debunk that untruth.

As far as distribution of Dog City the TV series on DVD, based on that one DVD volume you found... Your best bet is to contact GelflingWaldo and ask him if he can get you some news. If so, then maybe he'll post it here or on his Muppet News Flash blog/forum as well.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Sai

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
Yeah I thought it was odd theres no talk of any DVD for the TV series despite this... And with the release of the special they really should release the rest too. Oh well.
Thanks for the info The Count. I will forward this on then, I appreciate your advice.

oznowicz

Reaction score
The problem iwth Dog CIty on DVD is that it's owned primarily by Nelvana. They'd have to strike up some arrangement before it will ever see the light of day though.

It was one of my favs. I miss Mister Moogie.