Donald Duck Puppet

wes

Reaction score
I got to thinking the other( a Horrible thing to do) day about my favorite disney character :big_grin:onald Duck and I keep thinking about what a behind the scene thing on the disney channel a while back about the Voice of Donald:Clarence Nash and in the show he carried a Donald Duck full body puppet. I wanted to know where it came from so i google it and found this.

http://ftp.afilm.com/blog/DuckyPantoQuiz.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Clarence_Nash.jpg

Does any one no more about this puppet i would love to find it, or at least some footage of the puppet

muppetperson

Reaction score
I got a photo autograph from him not long before he died, and he still had that puppet.

EntropicOrgan

Reaction score
I'm actually a huge Donald Duck/Clarence Nash fan as well as the Muppets! I have footage on a DVD somewhere of Nash walking around Disneyland with a Donald Duck puppet. I'm not sure where it came from, but it was refreshing to see that my favourite voice artist was also handy with a puppet!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There was a lot of artistic cross-pollination between animators and puppeteers in Hollywood in the `30s, `40s and `50s. I would not be surprised if the puppet was by Bob Baker who did a lot of work with Disney during that era (he built the original Pinocchio marionette that the Disney animators used as a model).

I'll do some digging on this and see if I can find out for sure who built it.

wes

Reaction score
that was an awesome puppet! thanks

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wish Master Replicas would make a replica of it.

wes

Reaction score
that would be freaking awesome, that would be n the top of my list to buy!

then i would have to learn to do donald voice!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have started a support thread on MR's forum for the puppet in the Disney corner for anyone who wants to show their support.