Don't Eat the Pictures

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Bry... Like I said, will have to check my master list back home for what question it is I have regarding the extra guest human cast from the special.
Oh, and if you want to see another instance of early Telly, I recommend you get Big Bird in China.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I saw "Don't Eat the Pictures" long ago in a galaxy far, far away. I think I was about four or five (and since it was taped in '83, two years before I was born, my folks must have taped it).

I definitely remember the scene with the scale, heart and Big Bird's feather, but not much more than that. It's been a while.

Kiki

Reaction score
Indeed a great special. I actually have it on video. Good plot, goog everythin'.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love Grover's big scene with the Knights in armor. Perfect Frank Oz!

"Saving dragons from a princess...or the other way around...Hmm.
We will challenge every villian, in the East and in the West, then we'll find a baby birdie and return it to its nest!" Lol

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Maybe I should check e-bay. I'd sort of like to have a copy of this one. I'd really like to see some 'imaginary' Snuffy references and hear Brian's Telly. They do have the opening to this movie on You Tube, but that's about it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I was not aware until recently that Telly ever had a voice change! I'm shocked, I never noticed a difference.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have a copy of it. And I love it! I've saw it way back then that is if it ever got rerun or someone had a copy or something but I've alwayed love this one. My favorite part is Grover's song. That one line "Come on. Come on sir. Pretty please please please." Then Maria shows up and tells him that it's not a real person and Grover pretends she's right and then when she leaves he then says, "See you later Max." That is what we need is another speical of the SS cast going to some place and pretty much all the characters get to go. Here is a list of what characters I would love to see in a new special.

Big Bird
Snuffy
Telly
Oscar
Ernie
Bert
Grover
Cookie Monster
Herry Monster
Count Von Count
Elmo
Zoe
Abby

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Grover called him Max. Because his card read "Maximilian Armor." That's classic Sesame Street. Kids won't understand what that means, but later on when they hear it in the real world, they'll recall the reference and it will make sense.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
heralde said:
I just wanted to add that I was not aware until recently that Telly ever had a voice change! I'm shocked, I never noticed a difference.
Yeah. I'm the same way. I remember quite a few Brian Muehl Telly sketches, but I don't remember the difference. It's too bad the 'hot' sketch is the only one of those on You Tube so far.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I used to LOVE "Don't Eat the Pictures!" I remember seeing it for the first time in elementary school when one of my 2nd grade classmates brought it in, and then taping it when it aired on the Disney channel 9 years ago. At that time I don't think I knew how old that special was...since it was the only time I had ever seen David and the only time I had ever heard Snuffy referred to as Big Bird's "imaginary friend" (I'm a '90s kid). I'll always remember one of my favorite parts being the part where Cookie tries to eat the still life and notices the sign that says "Please don't eat the pictures" and then the song he sings later when Bob tries to stop him from eating the still-life with ham.

~Dana~