Dr Bunsen

thanOS

Reaction score
Hello All

I spoted a typo this morning on Dr bunsens name and thought i might report it and this was the reason to have a "convoluted" :smile: conversation with BEAR...the post is here
(It seems that i can not post "URLs to other sites" until i have more than 10 posts so for everyone interested just navigate to the feedback discussion of the forum)

The reason i am particularly picky about the Dr's name is because Muppet Show is one of a small number of broadcastings that sketch the character of a scientist with good intentions.

I think that most modern views of the stereotype scientific figure are in essence clones of the Frankenstein character....What was so attractive in this fable, anyway? :smile: .

Coming from the lab myself i can assure you that one of the most frequent lines you might hear is "Well, back to the drawing board then" and i was pleasently surprised to hear this from Dr Bunsen in the show (that was, the second time i watched the show....first time i was too young to read behind this simple phrase :smile: )

Say, does anyone know of any other show / movie that treats the "scientific figure" in a similar way?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Something I noticed about Bunsen is that he has an overflow of bubbly optimism, something shared by many, many of the Muppets. He tries to make an invention, it decapitates his assistant, he tries again. Same with the Chef who tries to make Jello, gets decapitated by it, and tries again. Or Fozzie, who makes a joke, gets Jello thrown at him, and tries again.

I think it's the Muppets jovial optermistic natures that make them so adoreable.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Something I noticed about Bunsen is that he has an overflow of bubbly optimism, something shared by many, many of the Muppets. He tries to make an invention, it decapitates his assistant, he tries again. Same with the Chef who tries to make Jello, gets decapitated by it, and tries again. Or Fozzie, who makes a joke, gets Jello thrown at him, and tries again.

I think it's the Muppets jovial optermistic natures that make them so adoreable.
Or if Gonzo gets decapicated by the jello, he screams with joy, then tries again.