1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dr. Teeth Puppet on eBay

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Kermieuk, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Some of you may have already seen this listed on ebay.co.uk.

It is listed as a Fisher Price Dr Teeth Puppet!

As a keen collector of Muppets stuff for many years I must admit that I didnt know this even exsisted? I cant find any info about it online?

It says it was made by Exin in Mexico? Is it Fisher Price? Is it licensed or fake, is it a prototype?

Whatever it is, its selling high!

Take a Look

(Link was removed: Foz the mOD)

Chris

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

It is not Fisher Price, although their items were made in Mexico, so it could of come from the same factory that Fisher Price used.I have seen a Gonzo puppet that came from Mexico, so there could of been a whole line of Muppets from Exin, so it is probably legit.

3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

btw...doesnt Dr. Teeth have fuzzy white boots and not sandles

:D

4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Well-Known Member

I've never seen this either! Very cool though.

5. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

This is an interesting find. Now I'm curious as to why there wern't more. I think it could have been a knock off, because I don't think a prototype of something like that would really still be in that good of a condition for being from the 70's. But who knows.

6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Good point, although these are very old toys and back in the day, there werent many long shots of Dr teeth.

7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Wow, have you all checked out his other auctions? Bendy Fraggles, Kermit, & Bert 'n Ernie, plus Roosevelt Franklin & Prof. Hastings SS Puppets? Wowie-wow-wow! What a collection, too bad he's letting it all go.

8. Fluffets

Fluffets Well-Known Member

VERY CREEPY!
    His other offers moderately interested me tho....

9. Kiki

Kiki Well-Known Member

I have the RF one. :D Only I can't find he's right hand. :p

Wow! How unusual... :confused:... cool, though. Good find!

10. rche

rche Active Member

dr teeth

Hiya Folks,

I am the proud new owner of this muppet oddity.
    It is very confusing. There are no tags to indicate a manufacturer. The eyes and nose are poorly cast and lumpy. But, the head is definitely a plastic puppet skull.
    I have not found any information to support the sellers claim that this is an Exin product.
    But, the sewing is extremely well done and the casts for the feet and hat are pretty good. The paint is cracking on some of it.
    It is either a very well made one-off custom, or a poorly made factory item (perhaps a mock up?).
    I will take some good pics of him and post them up when I get a few spare minutes.

Have a good time
    rche

btw: If anyone has dug up any information on this puppet, please let me know - either here in this thread or with a pm. thanks

11. Kiki

Kiki Well-Known Member

Thanks, rche! :D

12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That looks cool, though also a bit weird. It makes me wonder if they made the rest of the band as well.

13. muppet baby

muppet baby Well-Known Member

thanks for posting this , i am so glad that i got to see it .

it looks a bit creepy though the face looks a bit different LOL but i do like it , even though it is not a very good likness of dr teeth , i am a littl bit shocked that the bidding with very high .

Even back in the day , i did not seen many dr teeth items .

if i had that amout of money at this moment i think i might have tried to win this one though . The only thing is i missed it even if i did have the money LOL sigh oh well .

Oh yes and thought that dr teeth had fuzzy boots instead of sandles , that is right is it not hmmmmmmmmm :search:
    :p a pretty good try for dr teeth doll though .

14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

That was an interesting item, it's not part of the Muppets toys Fishier Price had though, maybe a custom someone made. Not a bad try though.

15. LStein

LStein Member

It looks to me like the body of Dr. Teeth and the legs of Zoot. It's not bad, though, maybe it can be featured on ToughPigs.com on their Ugly Muppet Toy Pageant for this year. :D:cool:

16. rche

rche Active Member

Dr Teeth muppet/puppet pics

Hiya folks,

Awhile back I picked up this oddball Dr. Teeth puppet. It is made in the style of the FP puppets, but is certainly not one of theirs. The craftwork on the item is good. The puppet itself and sewing are consistant with mass produced items. The eyes and nose are a bit lumpy and have some paint slop to them. Paper teeth, with gold foil for the shiner.

The fellow that sold it claims it was made by the Exin toy company of Mexico. I cannot find any evidence to back that. It seems to be a custom or perhaps a one off prototype. The skull is quite similar to the Rowlf or Animal puppets that FP put out at the time. It is certainly vintage and whoever made it did a bang up job.

Anyway, some fun for you muppet lovers and toy freaks.

rche

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gonzofan13 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.