Drawing in Kid's Books

Xerus

Reaction score
When you were a kid, have you ever taken your books and drew funny stuff in them? Back when me, my sister, and my friends were kids, we usually take our Disney, Berenstain Bears, Sesame Street, Charlie Brown, or any kids' books we had and draw either mustaches, beards, or animal parts on the characters. Or change the words in the sentences or draw funny word balloons next to the characters. Here's what I remember us doing.

In a Snow White book, we changed Snow White's name to Snow Dog, called the Wicked Queen, the Cool Queen, and we drew beards on Dopey and Snow White so they wouldn't feel left out. And in the end, when the prince kisses her, we changed that too. "He bent down and SLUGGED her."

In the Berenstain Bear's Big Honey Hunt, we changed it to The Big GIRL Hunt and kept changing, BEE to GIRL. Like Papa Bear was teaching his son how to catch girls. :smile:

And we did lots of funny stuff in our Sesame Street books. Like giving Big Bird glasses, Herbert Birdsfoot a monkey tail. And we kept giving Erine a halo and Bert horns for some strange reason.

And probably the funniest one was drawing a unicorn's horn on Charlie Brown's head and having him writing, "Dear Little Red Haired Girl. I am running away to join the circus to become THE LIVING UNICHUCK!"

Today, I'm kind of a little bit sorry we vandalized these books. Now I can't really give them to any future kids.

Xela

Reaction score
Aw, that's funny!

I never actually wrote anything on my books.
I did read a lot though. :smile: