1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dream DVD Extras for 'The Muppets' DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by FletchySRF3088, Nov 27, 2011.

1. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

I don't know if this thread has been made before. I apologize if it has. I looked and couldn't find one.

I post this not having seen the movie yet - since I'm from the UK - but this is something I've been thinking about for months - being the nerd that I am. Disney have obviously done a really good job promoting the movie and I hope they also do the same when the DVD comes out.

I think I read that there had been a table read filmed exclusively for the DVD. I can't remember for sure now.

But anyway, what extras would you love there to be? I know it'll be a while yet till the DVD is released but I thought it'd be a neat topic.

For one thing, I would love there to be two commentaries:

1) Jason Segel, Nick Stoller and James Bobin
    2) Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Eric Jacobson, David Rudman, Matt Vogel and Peter Linz
    ploobis likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I definitely expect all the trailers, DELETED SCENES, a clip from the table read (they filmed it), maybe some clips from their promotional appearances (specifically the Dancing with the Stars one) and the OK Go/Forget You music videos.
  3. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Oh man, my thoughts exactly! I'd love to have multiple commentaries, but I'm mostly just hoping for one that has all the Muppeteers. That would be amazing beyond amazing.

I too would love to have footage of the table read, and just a slew of deleted scenes. I'm crossing my fingers for some Gonzo-centric deleted scenes, and maybe on that actually involves Rizzo (if there were a Rizzo-Gonzo reunion I'd die of happiness).

Also, lots of interviews would be fabulous, especially with The Muppeteers. Maybe with them sharing their insight on filming the movie, working with Muppets, and such. I'd love to see more Dave and Steve interviews, especially when they're together! They play so well off of each other.
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...I regret not adding BLOOPERS. These are always the highlight of any Muppet DVD.
    ploobis likes this.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

that would be cool if they showed the puppeteers throughout the whole movie so watching it while seeing the performers do there magic
    ploobis likes this.
  6. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Muppet bloopers are always the best. :)
    ploobis likes this.
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Do you think they'll have the Toy Story short on the DVD? They didn't have Tokyo Mater on the Bolt DVD
  8. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

All these things people have posted so far sound so awesome! :D

Again, I say this having not seen the movie yet but it seems like a Muppet Fan's dream come true. I really hope the DVD will be the same!

When I went to see Toy Story 3 at the cinema, I remember there being an animated short called "Night and Day" shown before the movie. I think this was included on the DVD so I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The main features that I want:
    • Audio commentary
    • Deleted scenes and outtakes (if the DVD could only have one of the two and I could pick I'd pick deleted scenes)
    • A behind-the-scenes featurette (or two or three)
    • A scene-by-scene comparison between the season three opening and the opening recreated for the movie.
    • All trailers (if it can't have them all, I'd pick the "Green with Envy" trailer and the first official trailer)
    • Some of the interviews that have appeared online.
    • The "Piggy Little Liars" viral videos.
    • "Forget You!" music video.

I did start a thread awhile ago wishing for maybe a bonus disc of pre-existing Muppet productions (like an episode or two of The Muppet Show and things that might be difficult to release on DVD). Something like that probably won't happen.

It won't make too big a difference to me if the Toy Story short isn't included (It was a great short, but ommitting it would free up disc space for more features). Considering the last one wasn't on the Bolt DVD, I wonder if maybe Disney plans on releasing all Toy Story shorts on a themed DVD (though it's not like Disney is against double-dipping on shorts) after more Toy Story shorts get made (maybe a "Pixar Shorts Vol. 2" will come out sooner than we think).
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I want a "Director's Cut" version of the movie with deleted scenes back in place where they would improve the film. I want deleted scenes, outtakes, and shots of the filming showing the puppeteers working their craft. I want all the promos, the viral trailers, and any extra stuff that surrounded the movie like interviews, guest appearances, and so on. I want a guide to every single Muppet they rebuilt for the movie. I want footage of the classic TMS skits referenced, like "Mahna Mahna."

Shoot, I want it all! I'll pay for as many extra discs as it takes.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

No But the Pixar movies ALWAYS put their shorts on the DVD. But when Bolt came out they also had a Pixar short, like this one (before the Muppets) but based on Cars. It was called Toyko Mater. But it was not on the Bolt DVD so I was wondering if they're gonna put "Small Fry" on the DVD
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My dream? That I don't have to buy a Blu-ray player to see special features. There was a lot cut out from the movie, and a director's extended edition would be great, but ALL the best deleted scenes would be better. And don't cheap out... give us the celebs that were cut from the final film this time. Commentary's fine too, but we hear these deleted bits were just as gold as the rest of the movie, and therefore need to shine.
  13. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

My Hope is that the DVD has the same features as The Blu-Ray.

-Deleted Scenes
    -Bloopers/Outtakes
    -Movie Promos
    -A Look at the Movie Promotional spots.
    -Behind The Scene Looks (Maybe one on how the recreated Muppet Show intro was made)
    - (Just a thought) A Virtual Tour of Muppet Studios (kind of like the virtual tours on The Lion King DVD's)
    -Two Version options (One being the Theatrical Cut, The other an extended director's cut)
    -Foreign Promotional Spots
  14. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

- Bloopers and Outtakes
    - Deleted Scenes
    - Interviews
    - Jason Segel & Kermit's video to Amy Adams
    - Behind The Scenes feature
    - Trailers & Promos
    - Audio Commentary

I keep having the feeling that they'll release the movie with extended scenes like they did with Muppet Wizard of Oz and Letters to Santa, ya never know. ;)
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me if they just release a bare bones dvd, with maybe a commentary, trailer or a featurette. That sadly seems to be how Disney does it. Tron Legacy? Didnt have a SINGLE extra on it. None. I'd recommend people just download the ripped version if Disney was to pull that baloney.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If it has any of those then it can't really be called a "bare bones dvd".