D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is sokay Bryan... Least you tried and that's all I can ask for. But like you said, there's still a chance if the episode's repeated later today, or if it's the Super Grover Superhero School from Season 35, then maybe 4115'll air tomorrow afternoon and you can set up your equipment to catch it in either instance. Will wait to hear from you buddy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Asking for help again... OK, if anyone catches Episode 4116: Mr. Alan's Pretend Class...
Need help with the names of the two kids who show up for class when they're going to sing the alphabet song.
One was named Reuben, the other I couldn't hear well.

Thanks, and still hoping for help with the fourth Hopping Honker's name.
Have a good day guys.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um guys... Need some help again, this time with Episode 4117 known as Elmo's J Day.
When Elmo or Jelmo shows up at the Birdkeeters meeting and changes the nursery rhyme of Mary and her little lamb, Big Bird asked the kids to come up with J words for what could replace the little lamb.
One of them was called Kiera (SP?), didn't hear the name of the other kid.
If you can help, please contact me or post here. Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just would to say that as soon as I get my new laptop and will be back in full force, I'll most definitely get caught-up in my reviews for you all!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Now that PBS has shown three bona-fide new episodes this week, I can hardly wait for the next reviews. Here's hoping that laptop arrives in good condition soon! *crosses her fingers*

ISNorden

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey guys... This goes out to D'Snowth and Bryan, and anybody else who can help me out.

Today's episode was a repeat of 4115, Luis and María's Honeymoon.
[lots of plot details snipped]
Hope to hear from you soon, have an H day.
Cute episode, although the Cookie Monster "H" clip should've been dropped. (If a letter or number is already part of the street story, then the recurring announcement clips waste air time.)

P.S. It's kind of sad that the writers overlooked an obvious "H" word which fit Maria and Luis' romantic behavior: as much as they hugged, "hug" should've been one of the example words.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I owe you guys some reviews don't I? Well, here's an entire weeks worth of reviews, so now it's time for D'Snowth's Sesame ReviewS!

Sesame Street Episode 4130: Gina's New Baby Marco

Street Scene:
We find Hoots the Owl upon a roof singing a song about streets around the world when we suddenly find Big Bird, Baby Bear, Rosita, and of course Elmo confused about the comotion going on at Gina's office: everyone is making sure she has everything she needs for a "trip", Bob presents her with a new blanket he knitted, and Maria says she'll be right back. Big Bird then comes up with the perfect plan to find out what's going on: ask Gina herself, so they all rush over to her to find out what all is going on, so she tells them that she's going to Guatemala to adopt a ten-month-old baby boy named Marco; she even shows them a picture of him and tells them how when she first saw him she felt that he needed her and she needed him. Well, now they know where she's going, but how is she going to get there? Enter Grover with a pair of goggles, waterwings, and an inner tube for Gina for her swim to Guatemala, only to find out that she's FLYING there, not swimming. Maria is going as well so she can help Gina out down there since she can speak both English AND Spanish, as Gina is hoping for Marco; with that everyone sees the two off and prepare for a new baby on Sesame Street.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
  • Goof: The roof that Hoots is singing on is right across the street, but the view from behind him of New York City indicates he's on the roof of 123.
  • Nitpick: They switched back to the Hoots puppet used last season.
  • Nitpick: Prairie Dawn has a new longer blonder hair do with a yellow t-shirt and a denim overall-like dress thingy.

New Bits:
  • A new musical follow the leader Traction Jackson bit.
  • Sesame Street Dinner Theater: Veg-side Story.
  • An updated version of children dancing to various music styles in a little dance hall.

Letter of the Day:
Cookie Monster plays the Letter of the Day Game Show, and must find three things that begin with the letter 'G' including: guitar, grapes, and a girl with groceries (Prairie Dawn).

Celebrity Guest-star
Wayne Brady's song about between.

Global Grover
Grover travels to Hawaii where he finds a Japanese-American family who play Japanese drums called Taikos.

Elmo's World
"Elmo's World" of fast and slow starts off with Elmo asking Mr. Noodle how he dances fast, then he askes the same of two kids and a baby, afterwards he askes if skates, ice cream, and a worm can go fast and slow, then he receives an e-mail from Humphrey and Ingrid showing off how fast and slow baby Natasha can crawl, then he shows how his friend learned how to skate from he big sister, then he watches "The Kingdom of Fast" on the Fast and Slow Channel, then Dorothy imagines the story of Tortoise and the Hare with Elmo playing both parts, finally, Elmo, Tortoise, and Hare all sing the Fast and Slow Song.

Overall Rating:
Pretty good story, quite a few new bits, and I liked seeing Wayne Brady again, but I don't like Prairie Dawn's new look, and you have to admit a new Elmo's World is better than the same ones being shown over and over again; so I give this episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 stars, ah-ah-ah!

Sesame Street Episode 4131

Street Scene:
Duh Elmo! The heavy crib Luis and Gordon are carrying is for the baby Gina is adopting in Guatemala! How could you forget that, it's what everyone was excited about yesterday! Sheesh! Well, everyone prepares for the arrival of Gina, Maria, and baby Marco with a crib, a rubber ducky, trash, mobiles, and more than enough diapers; with everyone caught up in getting things ready, they don't realize that Gina and Maria are already back with baby Marco and all three of them are desparate for some rest, so while Maria suggest they take the crib apart and and rebuild it up in her apartment, Maria helps Gina and Marco upstairs. Moments later, Gina settles down with Marco awaiting for Luis and Gordon with the crib with Big Bird, the Birdkateers, and of course Elmo drop by to teach Marco the alphabet; after they leave, Telly arrives to find out if Marco is a triangle-lover which he appears to be the way he's staring at Telly's triangle; after Telly steps out, Super Grover crashes in to help Gina with the baby, only to mistake a pillow, a stuffed giraffe, and a "very small person" for the baby until Maria points out that Marco IS the baby. After Super Grover leaves and Gina requests for some alone time with Marco, Big Bird, Elmo, Telly, Rosita, Baby Bear, Luis, and Gordon all arrive with parts of the crib and to help Marco with his nap... with Oscar tagging along to see if Marco has some grouch in him or not.

Trivia:
This is the longest street scene so far this season lasting approximately nineteen minutes.

Goofs and Nitpicks
  • Goof: Gina's apartment is above Hooper's and the Fix-It-Shop, however in previous seasons it was in the same building as Telly's and Zoe's apartments.
  • Nitpick: Gina's apartment is now painted pink.
  • Nitpick: I couldn't help but notice Ernie's sweater is looking a little big and loose... could Ernie be losing weight?

Long Time, No Sees:
  • Aerobic caterpilla sings "Exercize (It's Healthy for You)".
  • Baby Bear askes a girl what was the hardest thing she had to learn (part of a season thirty-two street scene).

New Bits:
Ernie's Silly Hand-Clapping, Nose-Honking, Ear-Pulling, Foot-Kicking, Head-Shaking Game.

Overall Rating:
In all honesty, this episode was a disappointment, as I was hoping to actually see Gina and Maria in Guatemala for the adoption of Marco, but I guess I should've seen this coming. So I give this new episode 0 stars, ah-ah-ah!

Sesame Street Episode 4132

Street Scene:
Gina is relaxing in the arbor with Marco when Big Bird and Snuffy show up with a wagon full of toys ready to play with Marco, only to discover he's too little for the games they want to play like baseball and checkers. Gina suggests that if they want to play with Marco, they should think like a baby to find out what games they can play with him, so Big Bird and Snuffy do just that and they decided to play peek-a-boo with him, which they do. After that, Snuffy's thinking like a baby tells him it's lunch time, and that when he was a baby he loved strained cabbage, but Gina feeds Marco HIS favorite: mashed bananas. After all of that thinking like a baby, Big Bird and Snuffy feel like napping like a baby, so they do just that.

Trivia:
  • Kevin Clash makes another cameo appearance at the beginning of the show when Gina is introducing Marco to some of the locals.
  • This is the shortest street scene of the season, only lasting about ten-and-a-half minutes.
  • Frank Oz reprises Grover in this episode, as Jerry Nelson does Fat Blue.

Muppet Parody
Grover appears in Fat Blue's living room in the middle of the night for another exciting episode of Outrageous Make-Over: Home Addition where he has three constructions workers (two of which ALMOST resemble Biff and Sully) remove some of Fat Blue's furniture to add three new doors in his living room: two more on the wall and one on the ceiling. This is so outrageous, Fat Blue is outraged and demands that all the doors are removed, so the constunction workers remove ALL the doors, including the original one, trapping both Grover and Fat Blue in his living room.

Overall Rating:
This episode was a lot better, it was nice having Big Bird having a big part in the storyline for a change, and "Outrageous Make-Over: Home Addition" with Frank's Grover is a must-see! I give this episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

Sesame Street Episode 4133: National Try a New Food Day

Street Scene: It's a Monster On The Spot Newsflash with Telly Monster as he brings everyone the breaking news about Nation Try a New Food Day. First at Hooper's Store, Baby Bear is having his usual breakfast: porridge with brown sugar and honey, but Telly convinces him to try something new so Alan suggests Baby Bear try some strawberries on top of his porridge; Baby Bear is skeptical at first, but once he tries it he loves it and is eager to try other fruits on top of his porridge like blueberries or peaches. Next on Monster On The Spot, Telly heads over to Oscar's where it turns out Oscar has tried every yucky food in the world except for a cherry on top of chocolate ice cream with marshmallows, fish, and sauerkraut, so Oscar gives it a whirl and discovers he hates it so much he loves it! All day long, Telly covers people on Sesame Street trying new food until he's ready for lunch himself and would like his usual: a grilled cheese sandwich cut into perfect triangles, until Baby Bear convinces Telly to try something new today, so Alan suggests Telly try his grilled cheese sandwich cut into squares for a change; Telly is freaked out by this, but discovers that his sandwich cut into squares tastes just as good as the one cut in triangles, and with that, Alan decides to try the one cut in triangles since he's never tried that before.

Trivia:
  • This is the smallest role Elmo has ever had in the street scene in a long time: only being on screen for a few seconds with no lines.
  • Telly now has green eye-lids.

Long Time, No Sees:
  • Wanda the Word Fairy: Healthy Foods.
  • Great Moments from the Sink: Washing Hands.
  • Elmo's World of Eating Food

Letter of the Day:
Cookie Monster plays the Letter of the Day Game Show and has to find three things that begins with the letter 'V' including: vase, violets, and a violin (being played by Prairie Dawn).

New Bits:
  • Telly and Rosita compare saying "let's eat" in English and Spanish.
  • Ernie wakes Bert in the middle of the night to sing about how breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Overall Rating:
This was a pretty amusing episode, they seem to be having Telly do a Monster On The Spot once a season these days, I liked the new Ernie and Bert, and I enjoyed seeing an old Elmo's World again; so I give this episode: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.5 stars, ah-ah-ah!

Sesame Street Episode 4134

Street Scene:
Oscar and Grundgetta are packed up for their participation in the Nasty Car Races, only to discover the Sloppy Jalopy won't start! Maria and Luis offer to help, but Oscar refuses and makes Grundgetta see what's wrong; when she takes a look under the hood, a spring springs loose but the Jalopy still won't start. Oscar and Grundgetta then give in and let Maria and Luis take a look at it; Maria and Luis have no idea what they are doing and Luis is sprayed with motor oil, so Maria dashes off the the library and promptly returns with a book called How to Gunk up a Sloppy Jalopy and a jar of very grouchy motor oil and comes to the conclusion that a grouch car doesn't need fixing up, it needs gunking up, so Maria dumps in the grouchy motor oil, only to see Luis get sprayed with it again. By this time, Maria and Luis both agree that the only thing that can save the Sloppy Jalopy is magic... Abby Cadabby then pops up and tries to start the Jalopy, only to turn it into a giant pumpkin with a steering wheel! Abby then calls her mommy and askes her how to turn the pumpkin back into the Jalopy, as it turns out it requires hopping up and down and saying the magic words: "hop-hop-hop, hop-hop-hoppy, turn this pumpkin back to a jalopy." So everyone does just that, but the Jalopy still won't start, so Abby poofs out; by this time everyone admits defeat, until Marco tosses his juice bottle at the Jalopy and that knocks it into high-gear! Now Oscar and Grundgetta are FINALLY ready to head off to the races, but are stopped by the judge who gives them their trophey since they won the race, because according to grouch rules, a car that doesn't move at all during a race is declared the winner.

Muppet Parody:
Survivor: Musical Chairs... all I can say is it was predictable: Elmo won.

Classic Bits:
The original "Dance Myself to Sleep" (but the celebrity version from season thirty-five).

Number of the Day:
Count and Countess count to 19.

Overall Rating:
All I can say is it's about time Abby made another appearance! She's been given WAY too much publicity to only appear in three out of twenty-five episodes of the season! I hated "Survivor: Musical Chairs", but I liked seeing the original "Dance Myself to Sleep" as it's a favorite of mine. I give this episode 1-2-3-4-5 stars, ah-ah-ah!

Okay, I'm tired now!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Holy crap, wow! Good for you, Snowthergeist!

I've been meaning to ask you something. I was looking at old family tapes the other day, and one of them is just a tape of kid's shows off of the CBC. I wanted to review it for you guys because it's probably from the late 80's, and it's Canadian Sesame Street (there were french skits in there). I haven't watched it all yet, just skimmed through, but there is a Sesame Street News Flash in there! So how do you think I should go about it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Canadian Sesame Street? Sesame Park?

Well anywho, to answer your question, if you'd like to review it for us, just give us a little detailed synopsis of the main storyline, and any additional skits and sketches, maybe give us little insights like goofs, nitpicks, trivia, et cetera, then give us your personal opinion most (if not all) of what all has been featured in the episode, then your overall opinion of the entire episode.

That's how I tackle these reviews, of course you might want to throw in your own little Pepperisms... just do your review the way you want to.

So, to quote animal... "GO FOR IT! GO FOR IT!"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Cool, thanks, good idea!

Actually at this point it wasn't Sesame Park, because it had American stuff and it was still one hour long. they eventually made it exclusively canadian, and one half hour. THAT was Sesame park.