Dude, I'm about fed up...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
So yeah, let me start off by saying in all seriousness, that most of you on this board are incredible people who I am glad to know.
After saying that, let me say why I am upset and fed up with some of the others... It seems here that most everybody respects everyone elses opinion, which I love. Everyone's opinion here is worth somethng, which is the beauty of a web board. When people started to come down on me for a few of my opinions/ posts here, I took it in stride. I know I can come across as a jerk. It's part of my essence. But when I see new posts here by new members (yes, even newer than me!!!) I get a little miffed. These new people shouldn't be shut down cause they don't know the correct name of a skit or where to put their post or whatever. New people make mistakes and some of you folks need to realize that and get over yourselves. Also, not EVERYONE who posts here is as obsessed as you. Personally I wish I had that kind of knowledge of the Muppets, but not EVERYONE does. So if some newbie makes a mistake about the name of some obscure Muppet or some skit that a normally obsessed Muppet fan would know, cut them some SLACK for crying out loud!!! Nothing gets me more upset than a bully and that's how some of you are coming across.
If anyone wants to email me regarding this post and doesn't want their reply posted here, please do. I would love to discuss this further. My email is cap_backfire@hotmail.com :cool:
I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you think this is bad, you should visit the forums at ghostbusters.net; they practically HATE each other there.

I think sometimes it's hard to understand where folks are coming from when they make a post, so it's hard to know if their sarcasm is being deliberately silliness or mean. That's why I try to be careful when I post.

On an opposite note of this thread, I've seen where some folks in the past have been given a direct FYI post and thought they had offended someone when, in actuality, they hadn't. I suppose it's all in how things are posted/read.

I'm no moderator around here, but consider myself a good-will ambassador (heh heh), and hardly see much where folks are just being plain mean and usually try to play diplomat in that case, as in one such case where someone posted something seemingly attacking a younger poster at the threads (I remember my early internet daze with posting not-too-bright sounding posts, etc, and folks being mean to me over it).

At any rate, I'm happy I've never felt this same way except for in the very beginning when I accidentally insulted a mom by stating that there were some mothers who sit their kids down in front of a tv for a baby-sitter, and she was a work-at-home mom who thought I meant her, but didn't.

Sorry things have you out of sorts, and I hope it gets as good for you as it is for me! :smile:

FOZ

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
I'm no moderator around here, but consider myself a good-will ambassador (heh heh), and hardly see much where folks are just being plain mean and usually try to play diplomat in that case, as in one such case where someone posted something seemingly attacking a younger poster at the threads (I remember my early internet daze with posting not-too-bright sounding posts, etc, and folks being mean to me over it).
-- To good-will, I concur!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet fans are a passionate bunch. It's easy to lose perspective and allow a meaningless argument to snowball into something much bigger. I wouldn't worry about it. Such is the way of online forums. You get some good eggs and some old stinky eggs in each of them. Such is life too on that point. If you have any problems please feel free to consult a moderator. That's what we're here for. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
like Kev said...try going to another board. I've been on tons of boards, and there are only two that I feel at home in (disneycentral and this one). Yes, I do visit others, but the fact of being cracked down on wasn't the case for me. I took the advice that I was given in stride, and realized that people were just trying to help....

hey jamie, I have this weird bump on my arm...what do I do.....oh not that type of problem *sulks in corner*

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
hey jamie, I have this weird bump on my arm...what do I do.....oh not that type of problem *sulks in corner*
Go ask the Great Fozzini in that other thread!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
You get some good eggs and some old stinky eggs in each of them. . :smile:
I'm 31 and bald; what are you trying to say??

:zany: :crazy:

jediX

Reaction score
I wouldn't even think of going to another board... this is the only place I really feel like I belong.

And you wanna see bad? Go look at TMDB forums.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
jediX said:
And you wanna see bad? Go look at TMDB forums.
"TMDB?"

Tom Murphy's Dog Biscuits?

The Middle-Earth Dunedain Boat?

Foreign Leadership Camp?