DVD of Muppets Go To WDW: Speculation?

Marky

Reaction score
(shaking my head in disbelief)

A City is not a company.

Cities advertise with public money to attract tourists to keep their economy healthy.

New York is a city, where people live and work.

It is not a privately-owned coporate theme park.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It doesn't mean they don't advertise.

And I never said it was a company or a privately owned corporate theme park (but, wouldn't that be cool?). I was just showing another side of the coin.

But, since you want to talk about companies, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was really nothing more than one big commercial for NBC. That got a DVD release.

Other Muppet commercials (that should get DVD releases): The Muppets Go Hollywood (commercial for The Muppet Movie), The Muppets Go to the Movies (commercial for The Great Muppet Caper).

Personally, I'd like to see Jim Henson's old commercials get their own DVD release. That'd be cool!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Other Muppet commercials (that should get DVD releases): The Muppets Go to the Movies (commercial for The Great Muppet Caper).
Very true, The Muppets Go to the Movies is an excellent TV special. But every two seconds they (not so subtly) pipe up with "Watch this scene from our brand new movie, The Great Muppet Caper!" That certainly makes it dated, but it's still watchable. It was both TV special and commerical.

And no, New York City is not a company; but it is a very unusual city! :wink:

Marky

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
It doesn't mean they don't advertise.

And I never said it was a company or a privately owned corporate theme park (but, wouldn't that be cool?). I was just showing another side of the coin.

But, since you want to talk about companies, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was really nothing more than one big commercial for NBC. That got a DVD release.

Other Muppet commercials (that should get DVD releases): The Muppets Go Hollywood (commercial for The Muppet Movie), The Muppets Go to the Movies (commercial for The Great Muppet Caper).

Hey, I'm not disputing entertainment value. That's why they would make decent bonus features.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh. Right. Well, yeah, they would that too.

Although, what I would most like to see is all the TV specials put into a collection.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, they probably make the most sense as bonus features. I just didn't want to dismiss them as commericals. :smile:

Though I agree with that someone said before, if they advertised it as a Raven special, it would be sold out in a day!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
heralde said:
Though I agree with that someone said before, if they advertised it as a Raven special, it would be sold out in a day!
No, I don't think I'd be camping outside a store to buy a Raven special, A Muppet special, yeah, but I wouldn't beat up people in line for a Raven special.:wink:

You could say that nearly every Muppet production is a commercial:
The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Go Hollywood: commercials for hollywood.
The Great Muppet Caper: a commercial for london.
Kermit's Swamp Years: a commercial for the swamp.
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: a commercial for Frogtown Hollow.
The Christmas Toy: a commercial for toys.

Marky

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
You could say that nearly every Muppet production is a commercial:
The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Go Hollywood: commercials for hollywood.
The Great Muppet Caper: a commercial for london.
Kermit's Swamp Years: a commercial for the swamp.
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: a commercial for Frogtown Hollow.
The Christmas Toy: a commercial for toys.
You must be joking.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think he is, but if not, it's a technicality that he would be correct. :wink:

minor muppetz said:
No, I don't think I'd be camping outside a store to buy a Raven special, A Muppet special, yeah, but I wouldn't beat up people in line for a Raven special.:wink:
I think the Raven special promotion would be specifically designed to bring in the massive tween audiences. :rolleyes: