DVD/VHS Help?

DancingLauren

Reaction score
Hi... I'm new here (some of you may have seen my posts). But as a brief intro I'm Lauren, I'm 22 and I love classic Sesame Street. Early 80s especially. Anyway, I need some help finding DVDs to buy. I've seen some of them, and I love "Learning about Numbers, Put Down the Duckie and The Best of Ernie and Bert". Those are 3 I'm gonna buy. I though that "The BEst of Kermit" was okay, and I didnt really like "Learn About Letters". I have yet to see the rest of them. I also liked the 25th anniversary special. Much better than the 35th. Anyway, are there any movies that I havent mentioned that are good and have lots of classic SS clips on them? Also, any good CDs? I have "Platinum, Platinum Too and 35 years of Sesame Street".

THANKS GUYS!
Lauren

:stick_out_tongue:

Sunrise

Reaction score
DVD advice

Hi Lauren. I noticed nobody has replied yet so I thought I'd give my two cents, for whatever it's worth.
Frankly, I haven't had much luck finding decent DVD's for the adult fan; the "Best of" titles tend to only have a few vintage moments haphazardly strung together with contrived storylines that try to make them somehow relate to each other. I enjoyed "Best of Ernie and Bert", but it would have been better if they'd left out the silly bits with Gina and Big Bird in favor of adding a few more sketches. I mean, they used, what, four or five sketches out of what must be hundreds at their disposal. My advice to you would be to get into one of the tape trading forums, and see if you can collect a few vintage episodes from those lucky enough to have them on tape. Even if you have no episodes to trade, people will often be willing to negotiate for other shows or collectibles - you never know until you try! (I'm in that boat, myself, and I've found that folks are pretty creative in figuring out ways to make fair trades - it seems we're in a pretty generous community here. I guess it's all in the interest of keeping classic SS alive and remembered).
Anyway, good luck!

DancingLauren

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I agree... leave out GIna and BigBird and add another sketch. :smile: Thats why I liked "Put Down the Duckie"... they got the filler out of the way and in the beginning and then the rest was older stuff. :smile: