DVD Wishes

fluffaderm

Reaction score
I would love to have the Twiggy episode on DVD (or even VHS!) I know it's available in the UK standard, but not US (as far as I know.) :cry:

Oliver

Reaction score
I want the 'Valentines Show' special more than any other and second would be 'The Muppets Go Hollywood' followed by 'Henson's Place, The Man Behind The Muppets', 'The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson' and 'The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen'.

I'm really hoping we see the Valentine's Day special on DVD this February!!

Whatever

Reaction score
My big DVD wish has come true! I wanted a DVD of the German movie "Good-bye, Lenin!" and it will be released on DVD August 10! It is the best non Muppet movie ever!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I want the oter shows like Tale of the Bunny Picnic and Musicans of Breman, I have Emmit Otter!
Ty

Phamos818

Reaction score
i'm really hoping that when/if they finally release the muppet show boxed sets that they either include the original pilots as special features or put them out on a separate DVD. i also want full overseas versions of each episode, and i want the first season to have the original openings. i am never, ever going to get all the things i want, am i?

i also want a DVD with muppet musicians of bremen, hey cinderella, and the frog prince. i want it really, really badly.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
What's the deal with that anyway??? Why was it edited???
To put simply Henson secured the music rights to the songs featured for television use, not home release. So when the special is released to the public some parts need to be cut for legal reasons.

For a lot more information on this and what was cut check out Muppet Centrals FAQ's on this issue : http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/collectibles.shtml#9

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Very interesting.

Here's a question/wish...wide screen of Treasure Island...does it exist?? Why not???

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
Very interesting.

Here's a question/wish...wide screen of Treasure Island...does it exist?? Why not???
The Australian Region 4 DVD of Muppet Treasure Island is in Widescreen. I don't have the DVD, I have the US release but want to get it soon. If your DVD player doesnt support overseas DVDs its possible to do a simple reauthor of the DVD to make it region free.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
The Australian Region 4 DVD of Muppet Treasure Island is in Widescreen. I don't have the DVD, I have the US release but want to get it soon. If your DVD player doesnt support overseas DVDs its possible to do a simple reauthor of the DVD to make it region free.
Huh???