Dvds

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It just bugged me because they had like 2 Muppet Show DVDs in the kid's section and all these boxed sets of all these other shows in a special section. :frown:
Maybe if The Muppet Show got the respect it deserves from a home video production company, the distributors would in turn show some respect by displaying the boxed sets of said Muppet Show in those special places. Bastardos.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. It seems the Disney cheapquels are getting better treatment than Muppet Stuff these days. Argh! I am convinced there will be a boxed set someday. We may have to wait a few years, but we'll get it.

Luke

Reaction score
The reason why tons of old shows and especially kids shows get released on DVD in a kind of conveyor belt manner is usually because a big media company with a distribution arm own the company that produced the shows and so they just mass transfer their show library. In the Muppets case Henson is (or at least was) the total opposite - a small independant production company not owned by any of the big U.S players. Columbia obviously have to pay to license/aquire each programme/movie and so they want to get as much as they can out of as little as possible. If one of the big multimedia giants bought Henson you probably would get a boxset because they wouldn't have the licensing costs.