E-Book fic: Trials and Tintinnabulations

Slackbot

Reaction score

Trials and Tintinnabulations, version 2.0 - An epidemic sweeps through Fraggle Rock during the Festival of the Bells , and rescue comes from the unlikeliest of heroes.

It's hard to believe that it was only a year ago that I posted the original version of this story, which was my first Fraggle fic. Since then I've written plenty more, but TaT has a special place in my heart.

I hear E-books are the up-and-coming thing. However, I've never heard of fanfics being given that treatment. Why is that? So I did a buncha illustrations for TaT, rolled them into the text, and made an E-book out of it. It's in PDF format, so it should be compatible with just about anything made in the last 10 years, and at 1.1 meg it's not a big download. Shoot, you can read it right on DA if you like their weird half-screen viewer.

Happy Festival of the Bells!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, glad you two like it. Also, thanks, charlietheowl, for beta-testing it and pointing out damaged radish greens. :wink:

Has anyone had problems viewing the file? I don't know if the embedded PDF viewer works for everybody.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hi Kim--I've tried several things but I can't seem to see anything but maybe one "stripe" of a picture at a time and one stripe of print. It's like trying to read a poster by looking through a toilet-paper tube because the picture is too big for the screen. (Not my computer screen--the, um, screen-hole on the webpage. And now you have a VERY CLEAR idea of my technical insufficiency. I have tried changing the "View" but all that does is make the text on the outside of the screen hole smaller--the deviant art text, but not the picture or the story text. What am I doing wrong, or what can I do to see this some other way?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ew. This is the kind of thing I was afraid of. In that case, you can find the "download file" button, pull the file onto your own system, and open it from there.