E-Mail Thread Notifications

Foodie

Reaction score
E-Mail Thread Notifications! Why am I getting them again? I'm getting them for threads I haven't looked at in a Gorg's Year! Why? Make them stop!

Nick:smirk: :excited:

Davina

Reaction score
you can go into your profile info and delete the threads from your watched list, that should stop them

Foodie

Reaction score
you can go into your profile info and delete the threads from your watched list, that should stop them

Well, I think I figured it out. I just don't understand why I started getting them again after so long of not getting them. Why did it change? Is this gonna keep happening every time the frickin' server is upgraded? Cuz it's annoying.... especially since most of the replies to threads I've " subscribed " to are just of people complaining and being negative.... sorta like this one I'm doing now. :wink:

Davina

Reaction score
hehehee

well, if someone starts posting in an old thread, it might.. don't think it was the server switch though.. unless it singled you out :smile:

Foodie

Reaction score
Some one singled me out! * shakes fist to the heavens *

:smirk: + :excited: = :wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nick,

I checked your account and you have a 168 subscriptions to individual threads. To not get notifications on these you can individually deselect specific threads in your control panel under "Subscribed Threads" and then "List Subscriptions".

We're considering having threads automatically close after they do not have a post for a certain amount of time (say 60-90 days). This would eliminate the possibility for everyone to get notifications from a really old thread since in effect it would be closed for posting unless a mod opened the particular discussion.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
No offense Phill but I think that's silly because if someome somehow comes across them and wants to reply to it, or add more then they can do that without having to start a whole new thread.

I myself have archived a bunch of them in part so I can add more stuff to them if I think of something.

Foodie

Reaction score
Nick,

I checked your account and you have a 168 subscriptions to individual threads. To not get notifications on these you can individually deselect specific threads in your control panel under "Subscribed Threads" and then "List Subscriptions".

We're considering having threads automatically close after they do not have a post for a certain amount of time (say 60-90 days). This would eliminate the possibility for everyone to get notifications from a really old thread since in effect it would be closed for posting unless a mod opened the particular discussion.

I saw all those threads in my account the other day & I think I deleted a lot of the recent ones. My main issue is that I started to get notification emails again when, for the longest time ( years maybe? ), I've hadn't gotten any. Then all the sudden, I was getting them everyday. It seemed to happen after that down time from a few weeks ago. :smirk: