E-mailing Disney

That Announcer

Reaction score
At what address would I e-mail Disney to convey my anger regarding these new so-called "special" editions of TMM, GMC, MCC and MTI?

If there's more than one address, I'll take 'em all.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
It is official...the movies are cropped

Disney has announced the details of November's (previously) much-anticipated Muppet movie DVD reissues and if their official press release is accurate, they decided to cut 30%-50% of the film out of the DVD versions. That's right, the "fully remastered and restored" 50th Anniversary Editions will contain only full-screen (1.33:1) transfers of "The Muppet Movie", "The Great Muppet Caper", "The Muppet Christmas Carol", and "Muppet Treasure Island". So hopefully you like your film "formated to fit your TV" ( unless you have a widescreen television, because then these films will be formatted to not fit you TV).

Don't they recall the fiasco in 2002 when Disney first released "Christmas Carol" and "Treasure Island" in pan-and-scan. Hundreds called and e-mailed Disney is disgust (including the upset director, Brian Henson), it seems Disney did not learn from their stupid mistake. So I encourage everyone to voice your displeasure by calling 1-800-723-4763 and writing Disneyinfo@Disneyhelp.com. Tell them how upset you are, and how you were planning on getting the DVDs until you heard this news. Tell Disney that you want - no, you demand - widescreen!

At least I'll be saving $60 this fall, by not having to buy these four DVDs.