Early 90's Sesame Street Info!!!!!

mcrae911

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and my first post on this board is an attempt to aquire information on what seems to be a "non existant" cartoon short. You see, I'm trying to surprise someone with a tape of an apparent Sesame street cartoon short, and I need information on it, whether or not it sounds familiar, a title, what episode, what season, where to find it, ANYTHING WHATSOEVER will help me...here is what I know...

apparently it aired on Sesame street and it would have been in between the years of 1989-1994...

it was an animated short...maybe one minute in length...no dialogue...

involved a little girl, trying to open a gate...

looking for a key (in the woods?)...trying many different keys...

until she finally finds the right key...shaped like a heart (red), that opens the gate, and the segment ends...

maybe it isn't even Sesame street...anyways, any response to this whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, even if you've never heard of it, tell me, so I can atleast give up....

Thanks alot in advance...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I do remember the animated segment you're talking about from when I had better vision. From the years you posted, it seems that it may have aired during Seasons 20-25. The little girl had black hair and eyes and wore a red-and-white school uniform. She wanted to find the right key which would open the gate to let her into the playground she saw through the keyhole. There were three different keys:
1 a blue oval-shaped key,
2 a green diamond-shaped key, and
3 a red heart-shaped key.
She tried each of them to find the one that matched the keyhole. When she held up the heart key, the keyhole magically lit up and then the gate opened to her delight. I don't have it on video, but maybe someone else may help you out in an on-line trade or sell through this very same forum. Hope this helps your search!

mcrae911

Reaction score
YES!!!

Thank you so much count, atleast now I know it exists...now...does anyone know any where I could possibly find this...is it on a commercial tape...any sesame street tape trading rings...any specific episode info??? Thanks in advance...

mcrae911

Reaction score
SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING!!!

I am in dire need of this footage...and time's not on my side...can someone tell me where sesame street tapes can be aquired, or any other info whatsoever on this sement...PLEASE!!!

Thanks in advance!!

ssetta

Reaction score
These things are just impossible to find!

juliette

Reaction score
All I can advise is to see if Noggin is still showing segments of Sesame Street Unpaved in the middle of the night, start taping episodes, and see if any of those episodes contain the skit you need.

Or you can see if people from other countries are seeing it on their versions of Sesame Street, but that seems like a pretty remote chance.

I know, it's terribly frustrating that we can't see many of these old cartoons and segments from the show, isn't it?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I hope I'm not too late, but I just discovered that I have this aforementioned cartoon on one of my old family tapes. Great quality.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
When mcrae911 reads this, it'll be the happiest day of his life.

You hear that, mcrae911? You're in luck! I have the clip you're looking for!

mcrae911

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!

I've sent you an e-mail so that we can start to try to iron out a deal...

Thanks alot...