East Coast Reunion

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Hey gang,

For those of us that live on the opposite side of the US and thus could not go to Muppetfest, we should have an East Coast convention (that sounds ghetto-er than I mean it too). We could all go see the Macy's windows, visit the Sesame set, see the JHC offices. . .

Its a simple dream, but its mine....

Does anyone else live over here?

Hill

Foreignman

Reaction score
Yup, I live over here in the Big Apple, but I have reservations about your idea. I like the thrust of your dream, Muppetfreak, but meeting people you know from the internet is a dangerous business. I mean, for all you guys know I am a rabid ninety year old humanoid beagle named Butch, who posts on Muppet Central by day, and eats sleeping Muppet fans by night. There are some posters I feel comfortable enough to meet, and I would certainly feel comfortable getting together at Muppetfest. Fourtanatley it looks like Muppetfest will be in New York this year, which would mean us East Coastanites can meet in a safe organized manor. Just looking out for the safety of the Muppet community I adore.

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Muppet freak. Actually there are quite a few of us in Jersey and some of who have actually met. And those that haven't met have certianly talked about meeting. Right now schedules are nuts which prevent us from doing so but if we do, I'll let you know. It'll probnably be a dinener or something. Drop me an e-mail and let me know where in Jersey you are. If I have a free night I'd be interested in meeting up, but on't expect it until after the holidays.

--Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I would be up to the idea. Might be some fun. I would have to do a bit of traveling, but I think it'd be worth it to hang out with fellow Muppet fans. I do agree with Foreignman to a certain extent, but I just think it'd be different with MC people. I hope it would be. Well, whatever..

-Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm always looking for an excuse to get down to the Big Apple. :smile:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
I mean, for all you guys know I am a rabid ninety year old humanoid beagle named Butch, who posts on Muppet Central by day, and eats sleeping Muppet fans by night.
Well, as a humanoid beagle named Butch, I can assure you that as long as you don't fall asleep around me you should be fine. That and i just had a tuna sandwich so I'm good for at least an hour.

No, see I get the reservations of meeting thing. I am usually shaded out by the prospect. But New York is all big and busy and stuff and I wouldn't be for meeting in a dark alley or anything.

But wait, what's this about Muppetfest being in NY? Is that rumor based in fact?!?!?!?!

You have no idea how bad I wanted to go to the last Muppetfest. I watched you guys post pictures and whimpered. It was very sad....