Ebay Puppet For Sale!

DMETxix

Reaction score
I can only repeat others in saying that you really did a nice job on the eyes, they really bring the puppet to life, good work!

As far as the price is concerned, I think it's more than fine.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Oh hey the links works now :smile: I like it. Nuff said.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Blink's absolutely right, there is zero correlation between your ability and the price your work goes for on ebay.

I think the starting bid isn't bad (some people start at over $50 and they never sell) but I know that some builders have success because they start their bids really, really low around $5 but have a much higher reserve price. The conventional ebay logic is that way you get a higher volume of bids which eventually drives the price up higher.

I think if you want to see an example of someone who uses ebay really effectively check out Puppet Planet. Michelle uses ebay to build awareness of her work, but doesn't use it as her primary sales channel. Most people can't get good prices for their puppets on ebay, but the auctions often lead to other, full-price sales and commissions for custom work.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
That was about the most fun! I have never seen anything on ebay shoot up like that before. I was kinda worried earlier today thinking I should have started the bid higher and thinking I was gonna seriously lose out on this ebay thing but how incredibly quick it climbed in the last couple hours! I'm happy.I feel I got pretty close to what its worth in the end. Well I'm off to go make some more! :wink:
Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
Darn it, I almost won! Oh, well. Better luck next time!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
That was about the most fun! I have never seen anything on ebay shoot up like that before. I was kinda worried earlier today thinking I should have started the bid higher and thinking I was gonna seriously lose out on this ebay thing but how incredibly quick it climbed in the last couple hours! I'm happy.I feel I got pretty close to what its worth in the end. Well I'm off to go make some more! :wink:
Thanks everyone for your encouragement.
Congrats! Once again, great looking puppet, can't wait for the next! :excited:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
anyone interesteed in a Puppet similar to "Nelley" or maybe you'd like a different creation, send me an email at puppet_builder@yahoo.com I'll send a price based on what your looking for.
P.S. I don't do replicas of other peoples work. ie. Henson

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Great puppet! I bet you were quite pleased with the price, I know I would be. I'd have to pay someone to take any of mine away from me, lol.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Great puppet! I bet you were quite pleased with the price, I know I would be. I'd have to pay someone to take any of mine away from me, lol.
Yes I am happy with what I got for "Nelley". I've always heard you rarely get even near what something is worth on Ebay but I got pretty close to what I would charge if someone just ordered it from me plus had the excitment of the auction.